Which to buy? Beyerdynamic DTX101 iE or Shure SE215
Sep 28, 2011 at 1:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

CollapsTheLight

New Head-Fier
My birthday's coming up! :p Currently own Sennheiser CX300IIs, but the left earbud has deteriorated to pretty much ****tier sound, both volume and quality-wise. Now, I don't want to entrust myself with any earbuds over 100 euros, because I'm quick to lose things.

So, I've searched around on your great site and landed upon two possibilities: the Beyerdynamic DTX101 iE and the Shure SE215. Music I listen to is mostly rock like Porcupine Tree, Radiohead and even metal like Opeth and Pain of Salvation, DnB and a bit of dubstep like Pendulum and Chase&Status but also other electronica like Aphex Twin, The Prodigy and Autechre. In other words, I love me some punchy bass, but I also want a big soundstage and clear mids and highs. 

Which do I choose? The 101s look great, but there are very few reviews about it. The Shures also look great, albeit a bit bulky and strange to wear if you're used to CX300IIs, but I love the replaceable cable feature and the reviews of it seem praising enough. Also, I'm open to any other suggestions as long as they don't surpass 120 euros

Mitch

Sep 28, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #3 of 5
I like the Shure 215... They have good bass and excellent midrange.... They are a bit rolled off in the treble but tbh that is better then having peircing / harsh treble IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back