Which to buy? (ATH-M50 vs ATH Pro700MK2 vs DT770 Pro)
Oct 20, 2012 at 12:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Bassix

100+ Head-Fier
Okay so my budget has been ~$200 and I've read SO MANY REVIEWS EVERYWHERE. On here, on Amazon, on steriophile, and a number of other websites. The answer I'm looking for is which of these headphones to buy, if any. I've made a few threads, and this will be the decider of which of these I will buy.

M50 - I've had a pair before and loved them, but I'm not sure if I want a second pair. (They were either taken or stolen after I left them somewhere in my school, yes, I am an idiot) They had great bass without sacrificing mids or highs. The clamping power that nobody liked was actually perfect for me.

Pro700MK2 - I've read great reviews, but heard bad things. They have amazing bass, and some say the mids and highs are fine, others say they aren't. I am getting a free amp in about a week from my uncle who bought it to go with his $15 Sony IEMs (he didn't know what an amp was actually used for). Any people who have/have had one who can give me advice on this? :xf_eek:

DT770 Pro - I've heard no bad from these, but they seem like I'd need to equalize every song for a good sound on them, which I have aboouttt 2000 songs, 1200 are on my usual playlist :xf_eek: The reviews I've seen are all very vague and don't reveal very much information about them. So some info would be great for these.

Extra information :

I listen to Rock (Acoustic to Heavy), Dubstep, (Some) Rap, and Post-Hardcore music.
I love bass, I want a lot of it, but the least sacrificing of mids/highs.
Needs to be power-hungry, and not distort with high volumes.

EDIT:$200 maximum budget if you are to recommend other cans

Hope I can get an answer this time
tongue_smile.gif

Thanks
biggrin.gif

Nov 30, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #7 of 7
From that list, DT770. Avoid the Pro700Mk2. It sounds horrible with rock and metal and the vocals aren't that great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back