Which SONY NWZ would you get?
Sep 27, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #32 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a BIG "if."

Not really. It's a big "NO!!!!" ATM. And it would have beensold out all across the Canada & the USA, plus Europe. Sony is self destructing IMO.

Sep 28, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #34 of 34
And also, whether Sony sounds good is debatable especially if you think about it from a Head-Fi POV. They sound good indeed, but Sony's version of sounding good is very artificial, not unlike calling soup stock that's completely built on MSG delicious. I've owned Sony players like the NH1 and know they can be really good, I've heard the X1000 and understand that it's a step towards fixing this, but move towards the bottom end of the product line, and you'll probably be rewarded with increasing hiss and ever-dropping output, in spite of it all appearing to be 5+5mW on paper.

So that factor, combined with the sometimes feeble headphone output, I don't believe Sony's sounding good can be a universal statement - the YMMV factor is probably a lot stronger than any other brand out there.

So that's my $0.02 which has now inflated to $0.08 due to exchange rate fluctuations.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back