Which should i get?
Jun 5, 2002 at 4:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Bart235

New Head-Fier
Hi I would like to get a wireless headphone. I want to use them on my laptop to play DVDs and video games. I am looking at the Acoustic Research AW791 headphones that have 5.1 surround sound or should i get Sennheiser RS65 and Power DVD with Dolby headphone option. I read a old thread on a different forum that dolby headphone is better than 5.1 surround sound. Can anyone confirm that or should i get the aw791? What should i get??
confused.gif
Thanks for any info/
- Bart235

Jun 5, 2002 at 12:27 PM Post #2 of 4
On this forum we seem to be concentrating on better sound. I have not seen any mention of radio headphones. If you want to just listen to soud out of your computer , just get some supermarket headphones and save your self the running around.
OR
keep reading this forum and learn about what headphones you should use , also check Headphone.com and Grado have some inexpensive headphones with a cable and are cheap which would trash and wireless headphone , about $65 U.S $

Good Luck
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 5, 2002 at 1:12 PM Post #3 of 4
bart,

Wireless headphones do have their place (obviously, or they would not exist), if not amongst some esoterically snobby, self-proclaimed "audiophiles". And your question is completely valid.

Unfortunately, as you have found, and as Ken as additionally pointed out, there is little info here on this type of headphone. HeadRoom sells a few models. Give Todd a call and ask him about the ones they sell.

There were a few higher-end models (I don't have the exact model #'s in front of me) by a company called Laral, which got decent reviews by the now defunct "Equip" magazine a few years ago. This same magazine gave high marks to Headroom amps, Sennheisers, and Ety's too, so they did seem to know about decent sound. Lara's website is:

http://www.laral.com/unwired/multi_frames.html

which may be worth checking out. I have not read anything about them recently though. Laral also makes cheaper models too, so YMMV.

If you buy something, let us know about it!

Jun 5, 2002 at 5:45 PM Post #4 of 4
There are actually a number of reviews of wireless headphone systems here on Head-Fi. I've tried out a few, and found the xdream from Freespan to be the best. The Sennheiser models were... well... pretty awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back