Which Schiit to get? (amp/dac choice opinon request)

Which option

• Asguard 2 + Modi Multibit

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Asguard 3 + Module

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Jotunheim + Module

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Something else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 5, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #31 of 33
Impactaudio just got the Ediolic termination I wanted back in stock so its been ordered. Will update when I get it in on the quality and post some final pictures of the setup.
I just love Eidolic connectors I have several when I stop being lazy will build some more cables.
7B199B2F-6E0D-4B67-A1AF-CC241C426E9A.jpeg

Aug 5, 2020 at 10:53 PM Post #32 of 33
Yeah from the specs they look to be really solid parts.
I'm going for the batman look, all black.
However I have to have touches of silver/gunmetal to accent with the Jot on the XLR end and splitter otherwise I'd blow out my budget for it.

Aug 12, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #33 of 33
Got the cable in today, really solid, its super light compared to the periapt, best guess 1/2 the weight of the periapt.
The headset itself feels lighter with the change since the smaller splitter and cable weight change reduces the dangle pull weight.
Still near 0 microphonics, I can only tell when all sound is muted and I'm intentionally tapping on the cable, much MUCH better than the new fantasia.
I opted for the ediolic XLR gunmetal with the black ring, a black carbon splitter, and the branded red/silver identifiers so I can see L/R designation easily.
Lindsay at impactaudiocables did a fantastic job, the cable is exactly what I wanted, there is no discernible difference to me in the audio quality.

My only (minor) concern is that the terminations into the headset itself isn't nearly as tight as the stock or periapt (I have to force those in with both hands).
That said its still sufficiently tight, I did have to apply force and they don't seem likely to back out accidentally.
Even when purposely pulling with some force they stayed put, however if I was going to change cables often it might become a issue over a long period of time.
Not a concern for me as they'll be staying in the headset for the foreseeable future.

Here's the final setup picture/album, thanks for the all the input everyone.

Jot, 6XX, and Cable Album

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back