Which Queen album? (LP)
Dec 20, 2010 at 1:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dex85

100+ Head-Fier
hi,
i would like to buy a LP to my father for christmas. i know he's a fan of Queen, so i'm looking for record that has some of their great songs and doesn't sound bad sonically. i checked the e-shop, and they have these albums in stock:

Queen on Fire - Live at the Bowl

Greatest Hits III

Queen

Queen II

Sheer Heart Attack

A Night at the Opera

A Day at the Races

Flash Gordon

A Kind of Magic

Innuendo

News of the World

which one would you get? thanks 
wink.gif

Dec 20, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #2 of 6
a night at the opera is considered their best record.
besides, it's worth it just to have Bohemian Rhapsody on vinyl...

Dec 21, 2010 at 2:04 AM Post #3 of 6
The 2 albums that stand heads and heels above their other albums are Sheer Heart Attack and A Night at the Opera. But since your father is a fan of Queen he probably has heard those albums hundreds of times already, so getting Queen on Fire - Live at the Bowl might be the best idea since most likely your father hasn't heard it yet.

Dec 21, 2010 at 1:06 PM Post #4 of 6
The Greatest hits I, II, III

I got the 3cd set for $10

the first disk if hits
the second is hits
the third is covers of hits

Dec 22, 2010 at 1:16 PM Post #5 of 6
thanks guys, i bought him A Night at the Opera. i checked his LPs, this album wasn't amongst them, so i think he's going to enjoy it, although he might be familiar with that record.

Dec 25, 2010 at 2:32 AM Post #6 of 6
little update, we listened to it yesterday and since i own a cd of Queen (Absolute Greatest Hits, it sounds awful sonically), i was afraid same could be the case with LP. and it really was 
frown.gif
it sounded washed out, like there was some barrier between musicians and mics at the recording. right after it we played Michael Jackson's Thriller and it was a sonic bliss compared to A Night at the Opera. i don't regret buying it, it's still listenable, but it's a monumental waste of potential imo. quality of sound is ruining this album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back