Which program do you use to rip your CD library?
Oct 28, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #18 of 44
I use dbPowerAmp to rip to ALAC then import into iTunes and convert to AAC 128kbps VBR to put on my iPod. If dbPowerAmp has problems with a disc, I'll try it with EAC. I used to use EAC, but I like the fact that dbPowerAmp can rip to ALAC without using iTunes and that it checks more databases. It's worth the cost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use Max, both for the peace of mind associated with cdparanoia, and because it'll crank out an ALAC file in the appropriate folder, import it to my iTunes library, and build me a playlist for the album all at the same time.

Do you really need a playlist for each album in iTunes. iTunes does that pretty well by itself.

Oct 28, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #19 of 44
I use MAX to make my Flac, AIFF's and Wav's.

Oct 28, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #20 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you really need a playlist for each album in iTunes. iTunes does that pretty well by itself.

Naw, I sure don't, but since I only use MAX for lossless, it's nice to playlist of every lossless album.

In any case, browsing by playlist feels like browsing by CD, which is occasionally just what I'm in the mood for.

Oct 28, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #21 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In any case, browsing by playlist feels like browsing by CD, which is occasionally just what I'm in the mood for.

I hear you there. I'd say 75% of the browsing I do nowadays is just by album. So many songs just feel more "complete" for me when they're in context.

Oct 28, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #22 of 44
EyeTyoons. I really wish there was an option to rip twice, once in ALAC and once in lossy mp3, one for big hard drive for home listening and one for iPod for portable listening.

Oct 28, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #24 of 44
EAC.

Always EAC.

Only EAC... ever.

It's amazing.

Oct 28, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #25 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Guidry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EyeTyoons. I really wish there was an option to rip twice, once in ALAC and once in lossy mp3, one for big hard drive for home listening and one for iPod for portable listening.

I rip once and convert. There's no reason to rip twice. I use smart playlists to separate lossy and lossless.

Oct 29, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #27 of 44
Mediamonkey to FLAC

Oct 29, 2009 at 7:01 AM Post #28 of 44
winamp. flac 1.2.1.
tags and organizes everything quite nicely.
sounds right to me.
also winamp essentials pack (free plugin) enables winamp support for more formats including alac... i guess i just stick with flac to be a pain in the ass to my itunes buddies. fight the power and whatnot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back