Which portable player offers the best sound quality for the money you spend?
Jun 27, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #31 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by WindowsX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously, iMod with good volume control will pawn everything down. Player alone can even drive k701 at fine stage like 1000$ rig (good rca to mini cable and amp). I'm currently using it without amp and I'm satisfied this over others with amp.

So terribly expensive though.
frown.gif

Jun 28, 2007 at 12:43 AM Post #32 of 47
I want rockbox on ZUNE!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 28, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #33 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is the vibez still microdrive as the original design or it went to flash before final release ?

Yep, 1" Cornice Dragon-2 Microdrive.

Jul 1, 2007 at 7:55 PM Post #35 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Zune for HD players

Meizu for flash

x2

Quote:

Originally Posted by judas391 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want rockbox on ZUNE!
smily_headphones1.gif

x2 also

Jul 11, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #38 of 47
I think the slightly lower sound quality on the upcoming Meizu M6 Special Edition compared to the Vibez may be a small price to pay when you factor in form factor, the interface, and its native video playback features....

Features...Sound Quality...Features...Sound quality...

Oh man...

Jul 11, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #40 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by judas391 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want rockbox on ZUNE!
smily_headphones1.gif

I know me too
frown.gif

I dont think its ganna happen for a while either.

Jul 11, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #41 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by neoufo51 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Features...Sound Quality...Features...Sound quality...Oh man...

A matter of personal preference, clearly. But my own preference is clear; I will not trade sound quality for features. This is because, first, SQ is simply more important to me. Second, many of the features stuffed into modern players are of absolutely no interest to me. Shuffle play? No thanks, I can choose my own music. SRS, bass-boost, phony surround sound? Again, no thanks.

I resent having to pay for features that don't interest me at the expense of SQ. That's just how I feel about it.

Jul 16, 2007 at 12:24 AM Post #43 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A matter of personal preference, clearly. But my own preference is clear; I will not trade sound quality for features. This is because, first, SQ is simply more important to me. Second, many of the features stuffed into modern players are of absolutely no interest to me. Shuffle play? No thanks, I can choose my own music. SRS, bass-boost, phony surround sound? Again, no thanks.

I resent having to pay for features that don't interest me at the expense of SQ. That's just how I feel about it.

Oh I hate shuffle playback and detest any kind of phony effects, but the featureset in the Meizu M6 Second Edition is going to be amazing. The full video support will be a huge draw for me since it would be nice to listen to a movie with my Atrios and not just music all the time.

Jul 16, 2007 at 2:09 AM Post #44 of 47
Quote:

Oh I hate shuffle playback and detest any kind of phony effects, but the featureset in the Meizu M6 Second Edition is going to be amazing. The full video support will be a huge draw for me since it would be nice to listen to a movie with my Atrios and not just music all the time.

looking forward to it. I'm getting the SE when it comes available.

Jul 17, 2007 at 8:35 PM Post #45 of 47
Quote:

Oh I hate shuffle playback and detest any kind of phony effects...

I don't understand how someone who cares about music as something more than sonic wallpaper can stand for shuffle play!

And crappy digital effects drive me up the wall. I have a word for that stuff: distortion.

Quote:

...but the feature set in the Meizu M6 Second Edition is going to be amazing. The full video support will be a huge draw for me since it would be nice to listen to a movie with my Atrios and not just music all the time.

I haven't had my clammy mits on any of the Meizu players, but I have noted that users seem to praise the SQ from these units. While I don't like paying for features I'll never use (shuffle play, SRS, blah blah blah), I'll put up with that if the player sounds good.

I'm really looking forward to the Cowon Q5. I'm generally skeptical of convergence, because convergence devices rarely do more than one thing well. In the case of the Treo I junked last year, it didn't do anything well. It was an O.K. phone, a terrible music player and a lousy Internet browser.

But the Q5 sounds like it might be a good digital player. Format support looks very good (FLAC!!!) and it is clearly being marketed as a player first and foremost, which is encouraging. But the WinCE support is also intriguing, especially when taken together with the HSDPA and generously proportioned screen; this little thing might actually turn out to be a laptop replacement. We shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back