Votes: 7 53.8%
  • HE4XX

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
Jul 14, 2018 at 1:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

damianmb

Head-Fier
Hello guys,

I have these open headphones and wanna know your opinions about keepers. I do listen to music and nothing professional. I'm mostly feeding them from a Burson HA-160D, Dac sometimes switched to a Dacport LX (sound gets cleaner) and occasionally from my mac on a DragonFly Red.
  1. Shure SRH-1840: These are the flatter ones and also the most boring
  2. AKG K7XX: Great soundstage but they might be on the muddy side
  3. HD6XX: Very musical and grainy sound, no sparkle at all seem the most rounded of the bunch and even with the burson it does sound a little veiled/analog. Not sure if I even need more amp than this.
  4. HE4XX: More sparkle than the HD6XX, faster.. easier to drive, questionable build quality.
I do consider end game headphones something like the HE-1000 v1, which I listened through a Hugo TT and I was like :ksc75smile:.

I don't spend as much lately with open headphones and I just bought CA Andromedas for my on the go... had a lot of trouble finding good closed cans with an open sound, I guess that would be HD820 but they are insanely expensive and also I don't think they are much for on the go.

Which one do you think is the keeper of both? I'm inclining towards the HD6XX even when I travel and stay in hotels (which is A LOT nowadays).

Jul 15, 2018 at 12:02 AM Post #2 of 8
First thing you need to do is send me the HE4xx, I will tell you what the next step is once they arrive.

Jul 15, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #4 of 8
If the HE-1000 v1 is where you want to end up...I'd just go for it. My 2 cents. Otherwise you end up with a bunch of headphones you rarely use and have to end up selling or just watching them collect dust.

Bern

Jul 15, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #5 of 8
If the HE-1000 v1 is where you want to end up...I'd just go for it. My 2 cents. Otherwise you end up with a bunch of headphones you rarely use and have to end up selling or just watching them collect dust.

Bern

Yup, sell all of those and pick up a used one for $1100 - 1300.

Otherwise, sell the ones you like less. That's all we can say, since we all have different tastes. I'd sell all of those.

Jul 16, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #6 of 8
Yup, sell all of those and pick up a used one for $1100 - 1300.

Otherwise, sell the ones you like less. That's all we can say, since we all have different tastes. I'd sell all of those.

Yes, agree.. I could have bought a display model but I saw 1) Cracked veneer 2) the headphone connector was not working properly on one side, when moving you could hear cuts....

So I guess the v2 addresses those, but at 3k I think it's, is just insane... beside, I get to enjoy open designs less and less nowadays.... :/

Jul 16, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #7 of 8
1) Cracked veneer 2) the headphone connector was not working properly on one side, when moving you could hear cuts

On a HiFiMan headphone?!? Impossible!!!

:ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back