Which one's better?
Mar 18, 2008 at 7:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

eccdbb

New Head-Fier
Which is better? the Sony MDR-V6 or Audio Technica A900? and by how much- in terms of SQ, soundstage, fullness, and gaming performance? Is it a small, large, day and night difference?

Mar 18, 2008 at 9:34 AM Post #3 of 6
Can speak for the a900's and can confidently say they are indeed a set you want to see sitting on your desk. Great soundstage and fantastic for gaming. Very comfortable also, but keep in mind you do get what you pay for as to say obviously there are better cans out there and a limit to these

Mar 18, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #4 of 6
That's what I thought. Just asking because I might go to ACgears over the weekend and check out their stuff. As for being confident on buying the A900's, I'm pretty much set because they're easy to drive (my only source is my computer), I like their appearance, and apparently many people say they sound great. Are there any other headphones in the $200 range that offer a better performance/price ratio?

Mar 18, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by eccdbb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's what I thought. Just asking because I might go to ACgears over the weekend and check out their stuff. As for being confident on buying the A900's, I'm pretty much set because they're easy to drive (my only source is my computer), I like their appearance, and apparently many people say they sound great. Are there any other headphones in the $200 range that offer a better performance/price ratio?

yup. AD900 is an improvement IMO - they are more balanced, with not so much of a bloated bass and good amount of details. SR-225s do not have good soundstage that ATs offer, but they're great for rock - very fun 'phones.
I actually prefer ES7s over A900s despite ES7s being half their price - however, it's not for everyone as they are quite colored and can be fatiguing at times - and I haven't had experience with gaming.
DT770 80ohms are not bad either, but they had too much bass for my taste.

Mar 19, 2008 at 12:03 AM Post #6 of 6
ok, it's definitely the A900's then. Kinda off topic, but it seems AC increases the price of their stuff (like the CK7, AD700, A900) after a period of time. Anyone know why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back