Which ones? ATH-MSR7, MDR-1A, K550? £150 range
Sep 21, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #17 of 20
Well, probably nothing beats the Sony for comfort. I just found the bass to be fatiguing but if you have heard it and not had a problem then maybe that is the one. Everyones ears are different and our music and sources. I do like the look of that Soundmagic but I have promised myself to stop buying headphones. I have more than anyond should.

I have read quite a few places where they have modded the MDR-1A's with some padding for reduce the bass, but im not sure how much work that would be if it was a problem in the future

Sep 21, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #18 of 20
I have read quite a few places where they have modded the MDR-1A's with some padding for reduce the bass, but im not sure how much work that would be if it was a problem in the future

I have never done more than change pads on some of my headphones. Meanwhile, I am sitting here wanting those Soundmagic. Headfi is a dangerous place.

Sep 21, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #19 of 20
I have never done more than change pads on some of my headphones. Meanwhile, I am sitting here wanting those Soundmagic. Headfi is a dangerous place.

I can imagine, i have read so many reviews on here just over the 2 headphones I am deciding on, and I'm at the point, where even without listening to them i am considering just pulling the trigger on a pair of the ATH's. though I'm sure by the morning that will change

Sep 22, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #20 of 20
What about the Sennheiser HD598Cs? They are extremely comfortable (I wear them daily in the office), closed back (no sound leakage whatsoever), sound is smooth and relaxed without any extremes in treble, mids or bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back