Which one to choose? ULTRASONE HFI 680 Vs ULTRASONE PRO 550
Aug 22, 2013 at 9:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

SerhanUygur

New Head-Fier
i select ultrasone, because this is the ones that i can supply around me. vmoda etc is not selling around here. Anyway, 

Which one will you decide between these two?

Will be used with a Portable Amp, 
will be listened   Dub-step , RnB , Electronic etc... 

btw i am a BASSHEAD.

Aug 22, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #2 of 12
I have not heard those two particular Ultrasones, but Ultrasones can be very good choices for EDM. My favorite for those genres in the Ultrasones roughly in your price range (based on the models you are looking at) is the HFI-580. Awesome bass response that will make most bassheads happy :D

Search the Ultrasone Fan Club thread for those models. I'm sure people have discussed them enough that you could get a feel for how they sound in comparison to each other. If not, post and ask a question there :)

Aug 22, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #3 of 12
I would look at the Ultrasone HFI-580 or the DJ1 (same headphone different design) i loved my DJ1for hip hop and edm.

Aug 23, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #4 of 12
Actually i was also going for the hfi580, but they have no stocks , they have theese ones in the same price range (actually theese are little bit more expensive)

Thanks for e advice i will check out the ultrasone fans page :)

Aug 23, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #5 of 12
Actually i was also going for the hfi580, but they have no stocks , they have theese ones in the same price range (actually theese are little bit more expensive)

Thanks for e advice i will check out the ultrasone fans page :)

I have HFI-680 and they're great, but lighter on bass than 580/780 HFI models. Still the bassiest cans I own though.

Worth noting that they need some juice to sound their best. Are you using them portable or desktop?

Aug 25, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #7 of 12
@loquah i will use them with Laptop - and Cell Phone (with Portable pocket Amp (fiio F6))

@cel4145   i'm looking for them from Turkey 
biggrin.gif

Aug 25, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #8 of 12
See if you can find the 580s for a good price on Ebay. They REALLY are excellent basshead headphones. I think the subbass sound quality in them is like what you get from a very expensive subwoofer. Very well defined--not one note sounding bloated thumpiness.

First time I tried the 580s, I listen to Ludacris's Get Back which has some low 30hz tones, which to me are as much (or more) for feel as hearing when I listen at home with my home audio system and subs. Most people would never experience that low bass with regular speakers without a sub. The low end sub bass is so good in the 580s, I felt that sub bass buzz effect accurately vibrate in my shoulder a tiny bit. That's pretty amazing sub bass from a headphone set :D

Aug 26, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #11 of 12
Someone Said hfi580 is thr same with dj1 is it true? i am asking why , because i couldbt find 580 all över turkey, but i found a dj1. if it is not The same i will not buy, if same, i will but that one .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back