which one should i get?
Dec 25, 2012 at 11:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

attkmaster

New Head-Fier
it appears you guys are audio experts and i have little knowledge about audio things, so i need help with choosing a pair of headphones. these will be used to listen to music from dubstep to pop, i like a deep and very powerful bass, seemingly overwhelming to many people, like tickle your ear drums powerful. i have come across 2 sets, the one ranked number 2 on these forums, and another one that is especially for bass. 

1: http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/category.cgi?item=ATH-M50-OB&source=froogle&gclid=CJqnrpugt7QCFegWMgodM0cA_w

ATH-m50 if you do not with to visit link

2: http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/ATH-WS55BK

also is that site legit? it has a facebook, and a site seems to verify it's scamfree, but you never know, those prices seem quite low, they're $130 for the 1st pair on amazon.

like i said i'm looking for powerful bass, and i'm also looking for clarity, i've seen a review from the MKB review kid on youtube and he said they were very balance with deep bass clear mids and crisp highs, which would be optimal for non-dubstep music.

hope you can help me, if i can give rep or something like that please let me know where so i can do that to whomever helps me. thanks in advance. :)

also if you'd like to recommend a different one that's always an option, i would not like to spend over $150 although i may be able to.

Dec 26, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #2 of 6
Alright, I say for dubstep, dubstep and only dubstep, check out the Sony XB500. Although they are less expensive than say, the M50, they deliver a ton more bass. Seriously. They have so much bass, they will rattle your ears. They can even "tickle" the side of your face when the bassline is very heavy. They can be good at other genres of music, such as hip-hop and rock, but you will need an equalizer to get the most out of them. Hope this helps!

P.S. Don't buy from the site if it looks questionable. It looks a little too sketch for me. I'd also choose the M50 between the two. If you were to get a pair, just be safe and head to amazon. 

Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet! :)

Dec 26, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
Alright, I say for dubstep, dubstep and only dubstep, check out the Sony XB500. Although they are less expensive than say, the M50, they deliver a ton more bass. Seriously. They have so much bass, they will rattle your ears. They can even "tickle" the side of your face when the bassline is very heavy. They can be good at other genres of music, such as hip-hop and rock, but you will need an equalizer to get the most out of them. Hope this helps!

P.S. Don't buy from the site if it looks questionable. It looks a little too sketch for me. I'd also choose the M50 between the two. If you were to get a pair, just be safe and head to amazon. 

Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet! :)

I agree, the xb500 gives a hell of a rumble. 

Dec 26, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #4 of 6
i forgot to mention i have waves maxxaudio and dolby advanced audio as well, i have no idea what to set them to though, just went for the clearest highest bass i could get. and does this one have the apparent clarity like 1st one? i listen to a vast variety of music, so dubstep isn't the only one that i'm really going to listen to, so whatt's what i'm owrried about with the xb500, just need it to make all my music sound nice.

Dec 30, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
i forgot to mention i have waves maxxaudio and dolby advanced audio as well, i have no idea what to set them to though, just went for the clearest highest bass i could get. and does this one have the apparent clarity like 1st one? i listen to a vast variety of music, so dubstep isn't the only one that i'm really going to listen to, so whatt's what i'm owrried about with the xb500, just need it to make all my music sound nice.

As long as you have a good audio equalizer, you can be in control of the bass. For the computer, I use ASUS Sonic Focus and Realtek HD Audio Manager. For the iPhone/iPod, I use an app called EQu. Both work wonders for the XB500. I say, go get the XB500. You will be blown away by what these cans will give you for around 50 bucks.

Hope this helps! -BiggBenn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back