Which one is the best choice from this $100-mark headphones?
Dec 1, 2008 at 12:03 PM Post #31 of 35
I think someone recommended also using rubber bands ad wrapping it around the wing supports to achieve a tighter fit. That way it looks better (imho) and the resell value would be greater as well.
wink_face.gif

Dec 1, 2008 at 12:35 PM Post #32 of 35
Many people (including me) think the Grado's press too hard on the ears to be comfortable. I'm not saying rule them out, but I'd find a place where you can try them on rather than mail order.

Dec 1, 2008 at 1:03 PM Post #33 of 35
Anyone know any that compares to the akg k601 or k701 in the $100 price range the order I placed along with many others from the deal the other day was cancelled so i'm looking to get some of similiar quality if possible, I own the senn HD280 and PX100 already.

Dec 17, 2008 at 8:40 PM Post #34 of 35
Thank you so much to everyone who recommended the ad700. The sound is beautiful, very detailed. Music with an acoustic emphasis sounds the best with these ones, when listening to classical music I feel as if I had the orchestra playing in my room.

At the moment my only problem with them is that the bass sounds a tad muffled in some parts, mostly when listening to electronica. Are these similar to the sennheiser's in which I have to let them burn for several hours before having a more detailed bass sound?

Edit: I suppose you do have to let them burn-in. Been listening to them all week and the bass is sounding alright now.

Dec 17, 2008 at 8:48 PM Post #35 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The D1001, MS1 or AD700 should be your choices if you have no genre preference, these 3 will do most genre rather well.

D1001 are not as good as AD700 or HD555.. little overpowering bass and recessed mids

Users who are viewing this thread

Back