Which one is right for me? IEM
May 9, 2010 at 10:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

neil.belt

New Head-Fier
There seem to be so many choices with IEM's out there and I'm just getting started with a good set-up so it's just too confusing.  Right now I have a HR Micro Amp on the way used from another Head Fi member.  I am looking for a DAC, thinking maybe I will get a Pico DAC or maybe go with a D-10 dac/amp and just use the HR amp after the DAC on the D-10.  For my headphones I think that I will get a pair of AKG K701's.  I listen to a lot of Classical / Enya type music when I want to relax, but I also listen to a lot of hip-hop, pop, newer music and I might not get the bass response from the K701's that I need.  I would like to find a good pair of IEM's $100 to $200 to use, when I am in a noisy house or when I want to get a little better bass response.  I can't say for sure what qualities I am looking for.  I think that soundstage is likely important to me, at least for classical I really love to feel the space around me filled with music.  Are there any IEM's that are good for this?  Not too much bass, but decent.  I can tell you that my powered 10" polk sub for my home system is more than enough bass for me if that helps.  I have some Bose Quiet Comfort 2's and they are just a little too shy on bass for me.  I think that I need to get something that is fairly common so that I can easily sell it to another member if it doesn't fit my needs. 

Thank you all for any help, I know that there are a lot of posts like this and this community seems to be really helpfull for the new members.

Thanks, Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back