which of these portables is your favorite?
Oct 13, 2006 at 4:45 PM Post #4 of 22
sonically I prefer the KSC75.
physically I prefer the sportapro over either the KSC or standard portapro. Sonically however, the sporta and porta are too bassy for my tastes. I modded my sporta with UR40 the titanium drivers (same sonics as the KSC).

I like my radio hack Pro35A to. Really like the rubber headband.

Oct 13, 2006 at 5:32 PM Post #5 of 22
I have the KSC75 and the PX100, so I can only compare the two. I rather the PX100 b/c I can listen to it for hours. The KSC75 can get fatiguing for me. The PX100 is smoother and a little more refined than the 75 IMO(better soundstage). Still, when I want a fun, brief listening session, the KSC75 delivers. Unbeatable for the $$$ IMO. I'd love to hear the KSC-35. From the posts I've read, I bet it would fill that niche right b/t the PX100 and the KSC75.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 13, 2006 at 6:39 PM Post #6 of 22
Hmmmm. I've owned 3 of the 4; PX100, KSC75 and PortaPro2 (which I understand is the same as the PortaPro except for the ear pressure adjustment).

The KSC75 sound was fun but I was never able to adjust them so they were comfortable and sounded right at the same time. The PortaPro2 was fantastic for the price I paid, fun for pop/rock and fit tight against the ears without being uncomfortable. My only complaint was the band would occasionally grab my hair. Ouch! The PX100 fit so well you could forget you were wearing them. The sound was very smooth yet still seemed detailed.

Neither the PortaPro2 or PX100 was fatiguing for long listening sessions but for my music mix and these old ears the edge goes to the PX100's. My only "concern" re: the Senns is they were a bit fiddly to fold and put in the case and they might be more likely to slip while you were walking or otherwise active.

All things considered, my first choice would be the PX100.

Oct 13, 2006 at 7:20 PM Post #7 of 22
PX100. EDIT: Newer version.

Never listened to KSC35 though.

Oct 13, 2006 at 7:32 PM Post #9 of 22
I found the ksc75/portapro/sportapro to be too dark and loose compared to the PX100, which while dark was tighter and not as bass heavy.
I also found the clips on the ksc75 to be uncomfortable and the portapro/sportapro had that gawd-Awful headband that catches your hair and rips it out by the roots
frown.gif

Oct 16, 2006 at 5:36 PM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by fureshi
ksc35. this and the ksc75 are very close to me but i still prefer the ksc35 more as they seem less grainy.

Ha! thanks fureshi for the ksc35! I thought my 75 was like the extreme end of treble thanks to kramermod, quartermod and my low/mid fi cabling. Then I experienced the 35. Boy what balance! Theres a bit less bass and treble seems smooth now. I think koss did portables right with the ksc35. Id better get my hands on the portapros soon to see what thats like!

BTW i already recabled the 35 with spc. Less difference to the sound than it did to the 75s..

Oct 16, 2006 at 6:25 PM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by hYdrociTy
Ha! thanks fureshi for the ksc35! I thought my 75 was like the extreme end of treble thanks to kramermod, quartermod and my low/mid fi cabling. Then I experienced the 35. Boy what balance! Theres a bit less bass and treble seems smooth now. I think koss did portables right with the ksc35. Id better get my hands on the portapros soon to see what thats like!

BTW i already recabled the 35 with spc. Less difference to the sound than it did to the 75s..

whoa, waste no time recabling huh? didn't you just receive them on saturday???
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back