Which of these DAC's for my system.
Mar 2, 2010 at 9:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dextersventures

New Head-Fier
I am planning on buying some Sennheiser HD650s and a Woo Audio 3 tube amp with the upgraded sylvania 7236 tubes. The only missing component is a DAC. Which of these DAC's would really complement my specs really. I checked everywhere, but no one really compares all of these with my specs. I could afford any of them, but it is hard to pick one.

Possibles:
Cambridge Audio DACMagic
MF V-DAC
iBasso D10
the new Little Dot Dac
Audio-GD compass

Mar 2, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #2 of 6
I am also wondering this, my setup is different, and my price range a little lower but I was thinking I could get one of them used.

Mar 2, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #3 of 6
I'll chime in in favor of the MF V-DAC with your particular setup. My setup was similar (except I usually use Klipsch speakers rather than headphones) in that I have a tube integrated amp. Since I am getting nice tube sound for anything, I didn't require the need to use a tube phono stage or a tube DAC. For my system, the V-DAC has been nothing short of a revelation for all my music (from classical to rock to reggae to jazz, but jazz is all caps AMAZING!).

But I'm also sure that any of the other solid state ones you mention like DacMagic et al will probably have the same effect more or less--you've really built a nice system around your main amp (the Woo Audio), so you won't go wrong with any of your choices.
DT

Mar 3, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #6 of 6
Just thought I'd throw in: The Compass is now the Fun, and has quite a bit improved as a DAC if you select the A-mode version. Looks like a tough choice though as I doubt anyone has compared more than a couple of them with each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back