Which of these Creative mp3 players?
Nov 7, 2005 at 2:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

booba

New Head-Fier
I am deciding between these 3 mp3 players and would like to know which has better sound quality. I am thinking about the Micro because it is a good deal but I prefer a flash drive since I will be jogging a lot.

1) Creative Muvo Slim 512 MB $ 109.94

2) Creative Muvo TX FM 512MB $ 121.10

*3) Creative Zen Micro 5GB $ 166.81 (white only) or $189 (Black)

all prices Canadian

I am tempted to get the Zen Micro but I'm affraid I may screw the hard drive up from jogging.

Which is the better flash drive player between 1 and 2 and why? also which is newer?

Nov 7, 2005 at 2:42 AM Post #2 of 9
edit: oops Canada
icon10.gif

Nov 7, 2005 at 9:44 AM Post #3 of 9
iriver mp3 players just sound better: I have an IVP 895 and an H-10. I have purchased muvo and nano in the past and returned them once they were compared to "any" iriver product.

jv

Nov 7, 2005 at 2:29 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hey_Its_Cole
The general consensous around here is to avoid creative mp3 players, I would go with Iriver.

what? I haven't heard anyone say that you should avoid creative mp3 players. I have the Zen Micro, my brother has the Muvo TX FM, and both are extremely solid DAPs. Haven't had any quality issues at all, and my ZM sounds very good.

of the 2 flash players you mentioned, both are about the same age, and the main difference is the shape. the Slim is, well, really thin, and the TX FM is a more regular shape. Also, the T FM runs on regular batteries, while the Slim has it's own removable rechargable battery.

Nov 7, 2005 at 7:35 PM Post #6 of 9
The TX is fine. No, it won't make people forget higher-end DAPs, but my first flash player was a 256MB TX, and it's still alive and kicking. Really an appropriate choice for jogging, general activity, carrying around in a backpack or briefcase, etc., and a good value for the money. And if (or more likely, when) you upgrade, you'll still have a workable multi-purpose back-up DAP with a USB plug and drag and drop loading. In a typically noisy environment, WMA files at 64kbps sound like fairly good quality FM radio, if you really want to go small and try to cram a lot of songs (about 240 on the 512MB) on the player, but it will sound progressively better with MP3 files at 128, and especially 192 and above -- just decide what works for you. If you'll use it for some "quiet" listening, you might consider the larger file sizes.

I own a Rio Karma, a Rio Carbon, a Creative Zen Nano 1GB and two Creative Muvo 256MBs. I've also owned an early iPod for Windows and an iAudio 5 (great sound on that one). So I have heard a variety of players. The Creative Muvo would be a fine choice for ultra-portable music on the go. (Consider using rechargeable AAA batteries, which saves money over the long run. Also consider a retailer's replacement plan, whatever you get, just to be sure.)

As a side note: there should be a special expression for Canadian members -- "Welcome to Head-Fi -- sorry about your wallet ... particularly if you're in Canada."

Nov 7, 2005 at 10:26 PM Post #7 of 9
For that price, the Zen Micro is a great value. Don't worry, all new ZMs come with a fixed and more solid headphone jack. ZMs sound particular ly good, and if you don't mind owning a little outdated hardware, cosidering a nano owns it in style, it is a steal.

Nov 8, 2005 at 6:27 AM Post #8 of 9
I had a Zen Touch and experienced HD failure in less than 5 months. While this may have just been bad luck on my part.. I don't think I'll be jumping in the Creative waters again anytime soon..

JD

Nov 8, 2005 at 7:37 AM Post #9 of 9
GO WITH IRIVER. I got an iRiver ifp 795 and its been very reliable and has excellent sound quality. IMO it has everything you could want in a flash player, the battery life is great, 5 band eq and radio. I use it mostly for on-the-go when I'm too lazy to take my ipod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back