Which Music makes your IEM rock the block?
Feb 5, 2009 at 11:35 AM Post #16 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Huxley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Frederik ever tried the rsa with the sleeks i hear it's meant to be a very good match either that or the predator.

Yes I used the same rig for all my IEM reviews. That combination is also really good. The Sleeks are more analytical sounding of course, but still a decent match. The RSA Tomahawk is nice, no background noise problems even with ultra high sensitivity earphones like LiveWires. The Predator is most likely even better considering its far superior amplification stage.

Feb 5, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #18 of 31
While it certainly puts their speed to the test, the 7m's do surprising justice to Bloc Party's cut "Mercury" off Intimacy (as well as the rest of the album for that matter.)
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 5, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #19 of 31
I have mostly been listening with my trusty sr-71a and nearly new IE8 to

AC/DC: Black Ice OOOAHH MISSES!!!!
L3000.gif

Porcupine Tree In Absentia. Steve Wilson really knows his record production

Genesis Box Set 70-75. Reaches the parts that other Genesis remasters just can't reach.

Pleasantly surprised with a couple of real oldie live recordings:

Whitesnake: Live in the Heart of the City.
(IMHO much better than the more recent 'in your face' Live in the Shadow of the Blues)

UFO: Strangers in the Night

Feb 5, 2009 at 10:25 PM Post #20 of 31
especially on the ie8 the eagles hell freezes over album is a excellent recording and is used as reference material on a lot of home theaters so I would have to recommend that strictly on the fact it is recorded and mastered so well

Feb 6, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #21 of 31
This is my first post and Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon just does it using my SE 530's. I have also been really digging Kings of Leon's Only By the Night, an awesome disc. Now I understand why they are up for a Grammy.

Feb 12, 2009 at 11:52 AM Post #23 of 31
I got my TF10s almost 24hs ago - might be already half way through my ipod. what came along again and again was Camille - music hole. actually, I found her downproduced pop-chanson-trip-hop-experiment kinda boring, but through these earphones... i mean, did you ever have an overreacting Parisienne on drugs jumping around in your head? I mean, she is not in the middle, sitting and singing, but running around, from across there comes the drum, the sturdy beat, and you can actually feel the power - damn. this is good.

But - whoever wants to drive music to te edge - get the Bruckner's 9th Symphony, conducted by Nicolaus harnoncourt, vienna philh, and turn the Volume up. That's what these in-ears are made for.

Chris

Feb 13, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #25 of 31
omg omg

The Blizzard - Kalopsia from Armin Van Buren's State of Trance 2007 CD is AMAZING. The frequency response of these 'phones are incredible. Some of the low frequencies are great, esp coupled with the highs in this song. wow.

Feb 13, 2009 at 6:06 PM Post #27 of 31
Long road out of Eden -Eagles with IE7..

awesomeness

Feb 13, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #28 of 31
With my Super.fis:

Stand Up - DMB
Drops of Jupiter - Train
Resolution - Andy Timmons (If you play guitar you NEED to listen to this album)

Wow, looking at my iTunes, I just realized Ive averaged 7 hours of listening a day for the last 3 days.

Feb 13, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #29 of 31
I get way gone with the bass slapin' Rockabilly beat from the 1950's..

Throw in some Vocal Group Harmony, some rockers and some 'Slide over Baby' ballads and I am in Heavensville all you hepcats and kittens..

the Phonak Audeo's really SIZZLE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back