which most under rated audio gear do u own?
Sep 4, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #3 of 47
I'll vote the Creek OBH-21. Despite the little popularity of the Creek brand, I feel this is one very fine amp; miles better than the popular Corda Headfive and on par with the Gilmore Lite (I actually prefer the Creek for its less aggressive presentation and cooler operation).

On the headphone side, the K601.
tongue.gif

Edit: This thread should be in the Gear-fi section.

Sep 4, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #4 of 47
oh right headphones, thats what this forums about

AKG k501. An awesome headphone, beats the k701 (IMO) and just sounds good with huge classical works and electronica and basicaly everything but rock

Sep 4, 2007 at 9:10 AM Post #6 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On the headphone side, the K601.
tongue.gif

Yeah I have been extremely impressed with mine considering how everyone shouts K701 when AKG is mentioned. In the UK the general price difference between the two is pretty big, so the K701 would have to do something really special for me to part with my K601, but I haven't had a chance to listen to them so I guess it doesn't matter anyway
tongue.gif
Besides that my source is up to nothing at the moment so I don't think I would dare them.

Sep 4, 2007 at 10:57 AM Post #7 of 47
I think my Silverstone EB01 USB DAC is great. I paid $150 in Australia, but compared to the price of alternatives this works very well. I might buy a mor eexpensive one just to compare them.

Sep 4, 2007 at 7:20 PM Post #9 of 47
AirPort Express.
Since this is posted in the computer audio forum...

Sep 4, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #10 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
apple ibuds
biggrin.gif

lol

Xiang Sheng tube Headphone/Pre-amp. Got it for 120 dollars shipped. Sounds great and even better after some tube rolling.

Sep 4, 2007 at 8:46 PM Post #11 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by ttan98 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just place an order for the SRM version sometimes called roadie version, looking forward towards getting it.

Oh, bad idea, I fear. I received test samples of the Roadie an Amigo about a year ago and would recommend to avoid both. The measurement results were way bad, especially for the analogue inputs. The analogue outs were also not as good as on the simple AAM, afair.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Sep 4, 2007 at 9:13 PM Post #12 of 47
Entech Number Cruncher 203.2 for $23 shipped.

Sep 4, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #15 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dont know if its underrated but for the price its great

Little Dot II+, got it for ~$100
CKKIII, was about ~$140 in parts

The Little Dot's seem to have come into their own in recent time... lots of good reviews starting with the LD++ and now their MK series.

I think that when I bought my LDII (Jan 2006) it was under-rated, but it works alright with my 650's. I am upgrading soon though
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back