Which model of Comply tips do you like best?
Mar 16, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #31 of 33
I have found the True-Fit size red to offer the most isolation of the Westone tips. I tried the medium Shure Olives and they do fit, but do not isolate as well as the Westones. I'm thinking about trying Complys P series next.

Thanks for the info as this gives me confidence ordering the Comply P in medium.

1. Which do you prefer sonically between the Comply P and the True-Fit red? Which isolates more?
2. Have you tried the Olives?

1. I still use Westone tips. Can't remember any difference (it's a long time since I used Compy P).
2. No, but it used to be (and still is) recommended.

May 6, 2017 at 2:46 AM Post #32 of 33
I've used different types of Comply tips on various iems. I also have the Shures and Westone combo packs. In general the Complys don't last as long. I use the P series and they are really soft once they warm up with your body temp. I think they are more porous than the others which helps with the soft, spongy feel. The Shure olives are more dense. I find it means the Complys take on more body moisture so degrade a little quicker. I wash mine because of it, I like clean tips in my ear canals, and that affects durability.

Just wanted to get your take on some of these tips...

I had some UM Pro 30's and now have the W40's. I tried all the foam True Fit's, but they tend to kill the treble. The largest STAR tips fit, but they kinda hurt. They also tend to bring the bass up and over everything. I have some Shure Olive Medium's, but they're definitely too small.

At this point, I'm ready to order:

Shure Olive Large - Can we even order a version without the wax guard anymore?
Spin Fit SP800 in Large and Medium
Comply P, Isolation, and Comfort

I feel like a turd spending nearly $100 in tips. :*(

May 24, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #33 of 33
[size=9.0pt]Hi CirrusPilot,[/size]

[size=9.0pt]Our Active S-series of tips are our most affordable option. The foam is more porous, so you’re not going to achieve the same level of sound isolation as you would with our other series of tips. However, the foam is more durable. This makes it a good choice for active users or for those using inexpensive IEMs during workouts, high mileage users, etc.[/size]

[size=9.0pt]The Isolation T-series and Isolation Plus Tx-series are ideal for maximum isolation and sound quality. Since our tips are compressible and then expand in the ear canal to create a custom fit, you are competing less with outside noises. This allows you to turn down the volume and give your full attention to the music. (Or podcast or audiobook - much harder to crank up!)[/size]

[size=9.0pt]Our Comfort Ts-series and Comfort Plus Tsx-series is where things get a little more subjective. Some users prefer the spherical shape of these tips – particularly if they have a shorter bend to their ear canal. In some cases, customers find they receive better sound isolation when using the Ts or Tsx tips. Of course, tip experience is always going to be subjective due to the individual shape of the ear canal. [/size]

[size=9.0pt]The Professional P series of tips has a threaded core, so you’ve probably noticed that it is not compatible with most earphones. The length and tapered design allows for deep insertion, providing maximum noise reduction and ear retention. [/size]

[size=9.0pt]In regards to the Comfort Plus (Tsx-series) and the Isolation Plus (Tx-series) this is simply referring to the addition of the integrated Wax-Guard. The size of and the material of the foam is exactly the same. The integrated Wax-Guard is acoustically transparent while protecting your device from wax, sweat and other debris. These things can enter the sound port of your device, diminishing the quality of sound over time.[/size]

[size=9.0pt]I hope this information helps answers your questions! Also, please send me a message if you are in need of a coupon code.[/size]

[size=9.0pt]Thanks,[/size]

[size=9.0pt]Mary[/size]
Hi Mary / Comply
Thats a great explanation of the differences between the the various tips but there's one comparison you didn't make and that's the difference between the P Series and the isolation series. I am led to believe that the P. Series will give even better noise reduction than isolation but still provide incredible audio experience. Your site describes the P as for audiophiles etc... Is my understanding correct? I spend a lot of time in airplanes and I value high quality audio and the most isolation I can get. Which should I buy for. Shure?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back