Which LOD cable for my amp?
Feb 4, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #17 of 29
Awwan and Basell-e on ebay sell pretty nice cables. I bought one of Awwan's based on price and 100% feedback. It works great, and doesn't sound any worse than the ALO that I just sold (I needed an iPhone LOD, and my ALO was iPod only). IIRC, Basell-e (or is it Bassel-e?) sells Micro-shar at a decent discount.

Mar 20, 2009 at 9:23 AM Post #20 of 29
Mar 20, 2009 at 9:27 AM Post #21 of 29
Also, anyone know where i can get that iBasso connector or something similar from the US?
They want to charge me $22 for shipping, more than the actual item.

Never mind, found one on ebay.

Still, if any member on here think they can make me one for a good price, please let me know.

Mar 20, 2009 at 9:28 AM Post #22 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if it's going in your pockets, there might be too much stress on the dock adapter if you use a thick line out cable.

i use this one

IPOD LINE OUT DOCK WITH CABLE & PLUG (BLACK COLOR) on eBay, also Other, Audio Cables Connectors, A V Accessories Cables, Electronics (end time 25-Mar-09 01:48:27 GMT)

nice and flexible, not stiff, allows the cable to sit close to the amp.

X2, that is an excellent cable, VERY flexible, excellent build quality.

I had 2 other more expensive LODs and they sounded NO better.

Mar 21, 2009 at 11:37 AM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
music_4321, how durable is the cable? It looks quite thin and fragile in the pics.

I think it's quite durable - it's very well made, but I tend to look after my gear -- The other one I had was this:

iPOD LINE OUT DOCK CABLE FOR HEAD PHONE AMPLIFIER - B4 - eBay (item 380110741250 end time Mar-21-09 22:12:31 PDT)

This one feels much more solid and durable, it's $9 more expensive (not much, I think), but it's 2" longer (8" tip to tip) and not as flexible as the other one I mentioned earlier, resulting in putting more strain on both the amp and iPod, if you have one sitting on top of the other.

Mar 21, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #27 of 29
Thanks for the info guys
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 21, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #28 of 29
All good choices but the one place I noticed a vast differencs between Brightness was when I made the identical LOD in both Silver and OFC Copper. The silver was much brighter and the copper warmer, so You will need to decide which quality you desire more. Also a geat DIY Project. Even with pricier cable and connectors, the material doesn't add up to much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back