Which is your favourite album of the original Black Sabbath?
May 25, 2008 at 11:29 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enverxis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to say the first three Sabbath albums are their best by far, then there is a decline in quality.

I agree. With a particular soft spot for their debut.

May 25, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #18 of 24
I'll probably take flak for this. I have the vast majority of their albums, and if we're talking original Sabbath I'll take Paranoid...

But 9 times out of 10 I wind up throwing Heaven and Hell on instead of the rest of them. Maybe it's just because Dio is amazing, or maybe it's the association my brain has.

May 26, 2008 at 5:06 AM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyMe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Master of Reality by far.

I'm with this guy.

Paranoid is cool but its just stereotypical Black Sabbath. It has all the songs that everyone whos heard heavy music before knows... (Paranoid, Iron Man, War Pigs etc...). It also has some songs that I dont really care about (Hand of doom, Rat Salad). Master of Reality is to me more enjoyable from beginning to end. I'll pick Master of Reality over Paranoid any day.

Jul 31, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #21 of 24
Really i can't decide, Black sabbath is by far my favourite band...i love at the same level both Ozzy era and Dio era albums, i just consider them as two different bands...Dio is awesome ( probably my favourite vocalist after Rob Halford ), but he sucks at Ozzy songs, Ozzy is technicalli not an awesome singer, but no one is able to match him on original sabbath, his voice is unique, especially when it uses his more aggressive and high pitched vocal style, such as in Sabbath bloody sabbath and Symptom of the universe, heavy as hell

Except from technical exstasy and never say die, which sucked.... I'll put Master Of Reality an Paranoid on par at the top of my list...with S.B.S coming close...

Aug 1, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #22 of 24
Tough call as they all have specific qualities about them,but if i had to pick a favourite i'd go with Never say die because i just love the style of the whole album.
Johnny blade and Swinging the chain with bill ward screaming the vocals are two of my most favourite Sabbath songs period.
Plus i can remember when i first saw the cover it was very menacing and if i'm honest downright scary!

Aug 1, 2008 at 10:17 PM Post #23 of 24
I chose their first album because I love the way it opens with the church bell and it has the best album cover of the lot. Paranoid album cover is just stupid. Blurry photo of some dork waving a sword. ??? And that Sabotage album cover is one of the most tackiest and bad album covers I have ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back