Which is your favourite album of the original Black Sabbath?
May 19, 2008 at 8:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24
The definite Black Sabbath is with Ozzy Osbourne in it!

Here is the original Black Sabbath:

black-sabbath21.jpg

and their most famous albums:

black%20sabbath%20-%20black%20sabbath.jpg

250px-AlbumArt_-_Black_Sabbath_-_Paranoid.jpg

black%20sabbath%20-%20master%20of%20reality.jpg

black_sabbath_vol_4.jpg

black%20sabbath%20-%20sabbath,%20bloody%20sabbath.jpg

black%20sabbath%20-%20sabotage.jpg

See you on the original Black Sabbath
eek.gif
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif
eek.gif
Side of the Moon

May 19, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #2 of 24
I did like never say die although ozzy hated it. But I'd have to say paranoid for obvious reasons.

May 19, 2008 at 9:46 PM Post #4 of 24
I have to go with Paranoid, although the self titled is a very close second.

May 19, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #5 of 24
Black Sabbath are one of my 5 favorite bands of all time. I have every album (sans Dio). Just to be a contrarian, I'm going to say Vol. 4 was their best. Snowblind is one of the best metal songs of all time.

May 20, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #7 of 24
I have to say the first three Sabbath albums are their best by far, then there is a decline in quality.

May 20, 2008 at 1:27 AM Post #8 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Paranoid, Master of Reality being a very close second.

Can't argue with that asessment..........even though I have heard Paranoid album so many times track for track it is thier masterwork

May 20, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #9 of 24
I voted for Paranoid.

Last Saturday night I was at the Rodeo Bar here in Manhattan, enjoying a roots/rockabilly band called the Jimmy Nations combo. They stick very close to the Blues/R&B/Country roots, but sometime after midnight things got a little loose. Grinning widely, they locked into a Zepellin riff, to the amusement of the audience.

Some liquored-up dork (might have been me, I don't remember) yelled "Iron Man!!" Without missing a beat they busted out that heavy guitar riff, and worked it for a few measures before taking a left turn into an old rockabilly tune.

The title track of Paranoid, and, oh yeah, "Iron Man" have long since transcended metal; those tracks are part of the basic fabric of rock n roll. The whole album is great, of course, but those two key tracks will be listened to forever.

And let's get it straight: Ozzy is awake, alert, and a strong wit.

May 20, 2008 at 5:08 AM Post #12 of 24
I voted Vol.4, but before I wrote a response, I loaded up the first six albums and just stared at the them and their respective tracks. I cannot think of another band that I like that has their great songs so evenly spread throughout their discography (other than TE and NSD, bleh!). And this is why I like Reunion so much. To me (and probably only me) Sabbath was on fire that night and played the great majority of their setlist better than when the studio tracks were recorded. I absolutely love what Tony's guitar sounds like live - much better (to me) tone than the studio albums. Now Ozzy's voice is not as good overall, but Tony and Geezer MADE that album. I listen to Reunion religiously.

Overall, Vol.4 is my favorite album at the moment, but that will likely change like the wind, and they are all so friggin' good. Any album is a good choice.

May 20, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I voted for Paranoid.

Last Saturday night I was at the Rodeo Bar here in Manhattan, enjoying a roots/rockabilly band called the Jimmy Nations combo. They stick very close to the Blues/R&B/Country roots, but sometime after midnight things got a little loose. Grinning widely, they locked into a Zepellin riff, to the amusement of the audience.

Some liquored-up dork (might have been me, I don't remember) yelled "Iron Man!!" Without missing a beat they busted out that heavy guitar riff, and worked it for a few measures before taking a left turn into an old rockabilly tune.

The title track of Paranoid, and, oh yeah, "Iron Man" have long since transcended metal; those tracks are part of the basic fabric of rock n roll. The whole album is great, of course, but those two key tracks will be listened to forever.

And let's get it straight: Ozzy is awake, alert, and a strong wit.

Yeah, you did not say what was your favourite spirit.

eek.gif
cool.gif
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif
eek.gif

May 21, 2008 at 4:37 AM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamCalifornia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, you did not say what was your favourite spirit.

eek.gif
cool.gif
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif
eek.gif

Sure I did! Post #10, if I remember. Tequila for sipping, vodka for, erm, making a dork out of myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back