Which is your favorite ipod?
Mar 27, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #16 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by crumpler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should head over to the ipodwizard forum here.

It's the best of both worlds. I have a 5.5G iMod with the iPod classic interface! Many other interesting mods for the old as well as new iPods!

You just gave me the hookup as well,...thanks!!!
beerchug.gif

Mar 27, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #17 of 30
Personally I've been a fan of the Nano since it's launch, I've currently got both a 4th and 5th gen Nano. With each launch the Nano just keeps getting better and better IMO, I love the small form factor, simple IU, range of features.

I use them both with the ADDIEM's and to be honest the SQ more than satisfies my requirements. I love the extra functionality that the remote on the ADDIEM's offers and the whole package sounds pretty damn good to my ears (Lame encoded MP3's 320kbps).

Mar 28, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You just gave me the hookup as well,...thanks!!!
beerchug.gif

No worries! Happy modding!

There's even a volume hack packaged within iPodWizard 1.3 although to be honest, i've yet to try the hack because my iPod doesn't have the volume cap.

Mar 28, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #23 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
160 GB classic, although I am thinking of getting a 240 GB iPod from Rapid Repair to carry even more music with me!
wink.gif

Correct me if i'm wrong but i think the 240GB hard-disk from rapidrepair is only compatible with the Video iPod (5th/5.5th Generation).

Mar 28, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #24 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iPod 5.5G for the SQ and RockBoxability, and the iPod Touch 64gb for the apps and the video watching stuffage.

My setup exactly.

Mar 28, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #25 of 30
I had a few iPods already. Upgraded from a 4th gen. iPod (there were no different iPods back then) to a 80GB classic. The Coverflow wasn't that great, because of the hard disk, but I had lots of space and longer battery life.
Then I bought an iPhone and got into the trouble of not knowing where to keep the music. The iPhone of course was too small to have all music with me. But I did not use the iPod that much now, so I decided to give it to my girlfriend and stick to the iPhone.

Two weeks ago I bought the 160 GB classic.
I really enjoyed carrying around only one device, but the iPhone did not have the best battery life, the sound was only well and nothing more and I always wanted to listen to music I did not sync before leaving the house.

Short: the Classic.

Mar 28, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #26 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by crumpler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Correct me if i'm wrong but i think the 240GB hard-disk from rapidrepair is only compatible with the Video iPod (5th/5.5th Generation).

The 240 Gb is only compatible w/ the 5.5 iPod, I would be buying an iPod with the upgraded HD from Rapid Repair at about $350.

Mar 29, 2010 at 1:54 PM Post #27 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 240 Gb is only compatible w/ the 5.5 iPod, I would be buying an iPod with the upgraded HD from Rapid Repair at about $350.

Miguel,

You can beat that price easily by picking up a second hand Ipod and purchasing a 240gb drive from here:

hard drive and battery upgrade kit for 5th generation video ipod

Just something to think about if you're interested.
regular_smile .gif

Apr 4, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #28 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by nonsupremous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like the shuffle 1G and also the Nano 3G. Personally I think the Nano 3G is the best sounding ipod to date. It's the most powerful. I have owned every ipod EXCEPT the newest classic and the newest touch. I actually put my shuffle 1G on sound par with all of them except the Nano 3G.

The Nano 3G being most powerful,
1. Are you referring to HP out? and
2. Do you have HP out specification comparisons between the Nano's?

Apr 4, 2010 at 3:02 PM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelousmarvyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Miguel,

You can beat that price easily by picking up a second hand Ipod and purchasing a 240gb drive from here:

hard drive and battery upgrade kit for 5th generation video ipod

Just something to think about if you're interested.
regular_smile .gif

You are correct, but I am all thumbs and would be afraid of damaging the iPod/HD.
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back