Which is your favorite ipod?
Mar 26, 2010 at 7:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Nocturnal310

Headphoneus Supremus
personally i prefer classic..as changing tracks on touch isnt easy when in pocket.

also i prefer the sound quality.

what about u guys?

is the new ipod classic 160 GB of better SQ than older generations such as ipod video 30 GB?

Mar 26, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #2 of 30
iPod 5.5G for the SQ and RockBoxability, and the iPod Touch 64gb for the apps and the video watching stuffage.

Mar 26, 2010 at 8:50 PM Post #3 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iPod 5.5G for the SQ and RockBoxability, and the iPod Touch 64gb for the apps and the video watching stuffage.

X 2!

Mar 26, 2010 at 8:57 PM Post #4 of 30
The 1G iPod nano.
Mine is closing in on 5 years, but still run strong on its original battery. That says a lot. I also like the small size, design, and more.

Mar 26, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #5 of 30
The latest Classic is very satisfying, and has a good design. The minor sound differences between models really aren't a huge concern for my portable listening, so capacity and form factor are the most important.

Mar 27, 2010 at 3:59 AM Post #8 of 30
I like the shuffle 1G and also the Nano 3G. Personally I think the Nano 3G is the best sounding ipod to date. It's the most powerful. I have owned every ipod EXCEPT the newest classic and the newest touch. I actually put my shuffle 1G on sound par with all of them except the Nano 3G.

Mar 27, 2010 at 4:14 AM Post #9 of 30
So you say you prefer the Classic for SQ and then ask if it has better SQ than previous versions.
facepalm.gif

Sometimes I wish I hadn't clicked "view post".

I prefer the touch. Better interface, apps, video, battery life, size, weight, reliability of solid state.

People can argue a bunch about the power output of various ipods built in amps, but ultimately, they're all poor when compared to various other MP3 players. But the 3G classic was particularly poor within context.

Mar 27, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #14 of 30
1st gen Shuffle. Phenomenal output. Hooked up to my HF2s it gives incredibly enjoyable sound.. I could easily live with it if my JH13s and desktop had to go.

Mar 27, 2010 at 2:43 PM Post #15 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelousmarvyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ipod Classsic, for its scratch resistant metal front face and better interface over the 5th gen.

You should head over to the ipodwizard forum here.

It's the best of both worlds. I have a 5.5G iMod with the iPod classic interface! Many other interesting mods for the old as well as new iPods!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back