Which is the better value ? AH-D1000, HD25 or DT770 ?
Aug 28, 2007 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

musicmaker

1000+ Head-Fier
Considering buying one of these shortly. Which of these (AH-D1000, HD25 w/ HD650 cable or DT770) represents better value for money in your opinion ?

Aug 30, 2007 at 4:23 AM Post #3 of 5
Yes understand what you're saying. I have heard the D1000s but not the other two. I've read about the DT770 as a can with great bass but recessed mids. Again I havent heard them so I dont know the extent of the problem. So without recabling in the equation, if I were to choose between a phone with deep bass but recessed mids or one with decent bass but not great but good mids and highs, I'd choose the latter.

Aug 30, 2007 at 5:00 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes understand what you're saying. I have heard the D1000s but not the other two. I've read about the DT770 as a can with great bass but recessed mids. Again I havent heard them so I dont know the extent of the problem. So without recabling in the equation, if I were to choose between a phone with deep bass but recessed mids or one with decent bass but not great but good mids and highs, I'd choose the latter.

It seems several members who own or have owned the DT770 have posted their opinions as to whether or how its pros out-weigh the cons. I've read some of these posts but not a lot yet. Your very question regarding the DT770 is the main reason I have not increased my interest in it.

The HD25-1 may be worth your consideration, but I already have an HD580 so I have not looked into the HD25-1 much.

The D1000, however seems to me to be too much of a step down from DT770 and HD25-1. So I've more so had my eye on the D2000 instead.

But what has my attention at this time more than these 3 is the Ultrasone Proline 650 as modified in this thread.

I hope all goes well with your poll and selection of your next cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back