which is the best venturecraft dac/amp product out - and what is VentureCraft Vantam new product
Nov 12, 2014 at 7:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Sound Eq

Headphoneus Supremus
hello everyone I have the venturecraft go dap x, and I love its presentation in sound signature, which is warm and is not harsh or forward, and has nice bass. But I needed another product that will drive my audeze lcd2rev2 and can play higher bit rates from my ipod using cck

now I saw a new product which is  VentureCraft Vantam and I cant find any info on it

which is the best venturecraft product to buy that can drive adueze lcd2rev2 and has a warm rich full sound with great bass

Nov 12, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #2 of 15
I am a VC fan but in your case I won't recommend it, as most of their products tops out at 80 mW out.  As far as I know, only the SounDroid Typhoon up scans but this isn't exactly what you want.  The TT might work but it is a bit weak for your LCD2.  However, the up coming CEntrance i5 will have high bitrate support, but it is for iPod Touch 5th Gen or iPhone 5/5S, and maybe iPhone 6 only.

Nov 16, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #3 of 15
and what about the vantam

i was wondering if i am describing the sound i am getting from the go dap x i have correctly it has this nice warm sound, that is not harsh at all, what is this due, what dac are they using in the go dap x

i love this sound signature so much but wish that the go dap could drive my gauze lcd2rev2 

so is that sound signature i am hearing from go dap x a sound signature that is known by venturecraft

is there any product that is like the go dap x that is as warm and full bodied and has more power to drive the audeze, i just bought the denon da10 and find it a bit too bright and thin sounding, the go dap is more rich full bodied and tight bass compared to the lose bass i get with the denon da10

Nov 16, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #4 of 15
This is why you should try CEntrance, as any VC will not have enough power for your LCD2.

Nov 18, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #5 of 15
This message is written on behalf of Venturecraft's CEO, Mr. Jin Obori.

Regarding questions about Vantam, the new product that is going to launch in December 2014.

First, thank you for using go-dap X.

Below is some information, hope it can help you:

- Vantam is having output of 80mW x 2 , on balance, and  unbalance output, this 80mW is without clipping.

- Vantam supports almost every digital files including DSD11.2, can also use as desktop amplifier, it can runs with external USB power.

- Vantam supports upsampling up to 32bit 192kHz, which is for lossy and CD quality music, to upgrade sound quality into Hi-Res equivalent sampling frequency.

- Audeze is not popular is Japan, we have not tried it on Vantam and other Venturecraft products.  You can first check if it can drive by your go-dap X.

- Vantam can connect to our another model BXD, it's output is up to 200mW x2 when using balance connection, furthermore, it can change output impedance for headphones matching, it is an alternative solution.

- Both Vantam and BXD can change operational amplifier to change the sound signature.

Thank you!

Nov 19, 2014 at 6:44 AM Post #6 of 15
Thanks for your information, and the DSD11.2 support definitely needs to be highlighted more.  However, I really would like to see VC move to at least 150mW out in the future as with the V-MODA VERZA.  In addition, any output impedance specs that you can share?

Nov 19, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #7 of 15
  This message is written on behalf of Venturecraft's CEO, Mr. Jin Obori.

Regarding questions about Vantam, the new product that is going to launch in December 2014.

First, thank you for using go-dap X.

Below is some information, hope it can help you:

- Vantam is having output of 80mW x 2 , on balance, and  unbalance output, this 80mW is without clipping.

- Vantam supports almost every digital files including DSD11.2, can also use as desktop amplifier, it can runs with external USB power.

- Vantam supports upsampling up to 32bit 192kHz, which is for lossy and CD quality music, to upgrade sound quality into Hi-Res equivalent sampling frequency.

- Audeze is not popular is Japan, we have not tried it on Vantam and other Venturecraft products.  You can first check if it can drive by your go-dap X.

- Vantam can connect to our another model BXD, it's output is up to 200mW x2 when using balance connection, furthermore, it can change output impedance for headphones matching, it is an alternative solution.

- Both Vantam and BXD can change operational amplifier to change the sound signature.

Thank you!

can u link me to the BXD to read about it

Nov 19, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #8 of 15
Nowadays headphones are designed to a lower impedance, is much easier to drive by mobile devices.

To get perfect acoustics performance, other than a high power amplifier, the output impedance of amplifier is also important.  For BXD, user can choose 0 ohm (direct circuit without impedance), and 5 other options in output impedance, by changing the resister PCB.  To driver headphones from 16 ohms to 600 ohms.  Please note that this is just recommend headphones impedances, user should pick their preferred PCB settings based on the acoustics.

The specifications of BXD can found at this link:

http://www.salehifi.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=41&product_id=51

BXD is Made in Japan

Nov 19, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #9 of 15
  Nowadays headphones are designed to a lower impedance, is much easier to drive by mobile devices.

To get perfect acoustics performance, other than a high power amplifier, the output impedance of amplifier is also important.  For BXD, user can choose 0 ohm (direct circuit without impedance), and 5 other options in output impedance, by changing the resister PCB.  To driver headphones from 16 ohms to 600 ohms.  Please note that this is just recommend headphones impedances, user should pick their preferred PCB settings based on the acoustics.

The specifications of BXD can found at this link:

http://www.salehifi.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=41&product_id=51

BXD is Made in Japan

wish u added bass boost and treble adjustment

Nov 19, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #11 of 15
Enclosed the table when you want more power / more impedance options from BXD when using Vantam as DD converter.

http://venturecraft.jp/gadget_jp/image/vant/connect.png

Vantam is an amplifier advanced in digital function where BXD is a sophisticated amplifier with digital (coaxial/optical) and analogue inputs.  Both Vantam and BXD got 3.5mm unbalanced and 2.5mm balanced TRRS output.

Jan 11, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #14 of 15
Vantam is released for sale!

Confirmed that Vantam supports up to PCM 32/384 and DSD 5.6.

Other specifications remains the same.

Please purchase Vantam at www.salehifi.com , they are authorized online sellers, ship overseas, and can provide support in English.

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back