Which is the best DIY portable headphone amp?
Sep 27, 2007 at 11:36 PM Post #6 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by bburl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The b22 at amb looks promising. What's your level of diy, especially with regard to schematics and soldering?

The B22 isn't portable unless you use a a dolly to carry around your audio stuff. If it was me, I'd go for a mini cubed.

Sep 28, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by bburl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The b22 at amb looks promising. What's your level of diy, especially with regard to schematics and soldering?

Very good skills, im think im going to the Mini3

Sep 28, 2007 at 3:53 AM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mini3 sounds great. I just got one. It sounds better than total bithead, and some even said it sounds as good as hornet.

Really? Sounds similar to the hornet huh? How much are the Mini3 going for nowadays?

Sep 28, 2007 at 6:35 AM Post #11 of 22
The b22 could be made portable. All you need is a hiking backpack, a car battery and an inverter. Problem solved.

Sep 28, 2007 at 7:49 AM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by greydragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? Sounds similar to the hornet huh? How much are the Mini3 going for nowadays?

$110 IIRC from rockhopper

or cheaper if you get just the parts

also, I personally thought that the XP amp from MisterX and the PINT I heard were definitely better then the hornet

Sep 28, 2007 at 7:52 AM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by n4k33n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The b22 could be made portable. All you need is a hiking backpack, a car battery and an inverter. Problem solved.

you see boys?

where there is a will there is a way!

keep thinking positive!
tongue.gif

Sep 28, 2007 at 7:54 AM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mini3 sounds great. I just got one. It sounds better than total bithead, and some even said it sounds as good as hornet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greydragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

greydragon, forgive me if I've misread your comments, but just to clarify, "sounds as good" means that the mini3 is on par with the sound quality of the Hornet, and not necessarily that the two sound the same.

Sep 28, 2007 at 8:10 AM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$110 IIRC from rockhopper

or cheaper if you get just the parts

also, I personally thought that the XP amp from MisterX and the PINT I heard were definitely better then the hornet

Cost me abt 60 to build mine..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back