which is better value
Jan 8, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #46 of 51
thanks, im really looking forward to getting it. kinda wierd as im buying an amplifier before the headphones. i have to wait till friday to cash my check to afford both.

i feel ya on financial issues. my mother has real bad degenerative arthritis and she recently dislocated her knee at work so she cant walk on her own anymore, and has been out of a job for a couple years now because of it. and my father's previous workplace was bought out and closed down so his income decreased significantly. we still get by but it makes me feel a little guilty spending money on this kind of stuff. the way i justify it is that this stuff will have value for a long time and i dont have to bother my parents (or my roomate when i move out) with my music anymore.

Jan 8, 2007 at 10:14 PM Post #47 of 51
After breaking my neck and lower spine, I actually look at music as therapy, and as such I enjoy every moment that I can lose myself in the peaceful bliss of excellent sound. Tell your Family especially those in pain to keep their heads up, submitting to it is a defeat you don't want to live with. I have been battling degenerative disc disease and stenosis (tightening of the spinal cord) for almost 10 years, but I have learned to enjoy what I have and that sometimes we just have to hold on for the sake of life itself. Don't feel guilty, music is a valuable resource when it comes to seeing the brighter side of life.... Its like being a wine connoisseur, there is nothing like enjoying some excellent sound quality and as long as its appreciated its worth it.

Jan 8, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #48 of 51
wow, your something special man. you dont know how much i aprecaited reading everything you said. i understand how hard it can be to live with physical pain like that. if its anything or worse compared to the situation my ma is in, i feel for you. being as the one not in the pain its hard to watch someone suffer like that when there is minimal you can do to help them. i dont know if your religious or not but you'll be in my prayers.

Jan 8, 2007 at 10:33 PM Post #49 of 51
I appreciate it, and believe me, it has come from years of perspective. I just vowed I wouldn't let it destroy my life, even if what I can do is limited, I will enjoy those things. I enjoy music, and the talk of the equiptment we use to get us maximum enjoyment out of it. On topic, having the k701's and HD 600's, would the 880's fill in any area's of sound I don't have? Are they especially good at something the others dont do or like Grado's just have a sound all their own. I am actually surprised at how close the 01's are in sound to the HD 600's as far as range and dynamics. The 701's do seem more analytical or neutral, but as I have only had them a week, I figure they will open up a bit with time. I have always wanted a set of the Beyers, but dont know if I can justify them.

Jan 9, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #50 of 51
Aria is on truck for delivery...couldnt possibly be much longer. Like a kid on christmas. I have been using My x cans v1 which makes the k701 much more analytical sounding compared to the LD II. I'll update on the Aria when it arrives.

Jan 9, 2007 at 11:23 PM Post #51 of 51
Just got the Aria...amazing.... I need to do plenty of testing, but initial impression is that its a very unique piece of equiptment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back