Which is better: AudioTechnica ATHPRO700Mk2 or Logitech UE6000 FOR Rap/HipHop/Basshead
Nov 17, 2013 at 2:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

cabrown3

New Head-Fier
I listen to primarily rap and hip hop (maybe 85%), then the rest is alternative rock, dubstep, or metal. I am going for heavy, somewhat vibrating bass but I would like it to be sharp. It would be cool to have decent highs and mids of course. Keep in mind that I am willing to buy an amplifier such as the fiio E11 to make any headphone better. 

Thanks

Nov 18, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #3 of 15
Do NOT get the ATH Pro 700mkII.  They are ABSOLUTE Garbage.  "For Bassheads" my ass.  Not only do they sound bad, but they are EXTREMELY uncomfortable, and clampy.  The earpads are also really thin.

Look how ****ty this is.

I can't say much for the UE6000s, cause I barely tried them, but I've had lots of experience with the 700mk2s that my buddy owns.  He really regrets buying them. (His m50s came in today ^_^)

What is your budget?

Nov 18, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #4 of 15
You should look into the Yamaha PRO 500. They look like beats but sound incredible. Imo it's one of the best basshead experience around.

As for your question, the UE6000 is the more balanced of the two, but for your preferred music genre I'd go with the PRO700MK2. The only thing with the PRO700MK2 is you will need an amp if you want that big bass.

Nov 19, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #5 of 15
I suppose 200 for the headphones. I actually just bought the mk2's on amazon along with a fiio e11 amp 2 hours ago :frowning2: i will probably keep the amp as it has great reviews, but Amazon is good about headphone returns so I have read on here, so I shouldn't be in too big doodoo. Some other I have considered are, bear with me, the Beats Studios and the JVC HAS500s. 

Nov 19, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #6 of 15
  You should look into the Yamaha PRO 500. They look like beats but sound incredible. Imo it's one of the best basshead experience around.

As for your question, the UE6000 is the more balanced of the two, but for your preferred music genre I'd go with the PRO700MK2.

How would the yamahas do with an amp? and how about the bass power (sorry for the noob talk)? Like i stated earlier i have a fiio e11 on the way. I love the way the yamahas look too. I looked into them for a while a week or so ago but idk why i eventually disregarded them. I assumed they wouldn't be good since they looked like knockoff beats maybe, or i saw a bad review somewhere. Thats the thing that has me looking for th perfect headphones is theres always mixed reviews for every single headphone n theyre always to the extreme bad or extreme good so I dont know who to believe. Its chaos

Nov 19, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #7 of 15
  Do NOT get the ATH Pro 700mkII.  They are ABSOLUTE Garbage.  "For Bassheads" my ass.  Not only do they sound bad, but they are EXTREMELY uncomfortable, and clampy.  The earpads are also really thin.

Look how ****ty this is.

I can't say much for the UE6000s, cause I barely tried them, but I've had lots of experience with the 700mk2s that my buddy owns.  He really regrets buying them. (His m50s came in today ^_^)

What is your budget?

These are Audio Technica ATHPRO700, not the ATHPRO700MK2's in case you didn't know, or I may be mistaken if they are really similar or whatever.

Nov 19, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #8 of 15
I'm pretty sure you will enjoy the PRO700MK2, it's great for hiphop and dubstep.
A lot of audiophile here refuse to believe it but the new beats studio is actually pretty good, if I see one on sale I would buy it.
And for the S500 it's one of my favorite portable and it will be a great complement to the PRO700MK2 if you ever decide to buy it, it pairs wonderfully with the Fiio E11.

Nov 19, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #10 of 15
  How would the yamahas do with an amp? and how about the bass power (sorry for the noob talk)? Like i stated earlier i have a fiio e11 on the way. I love the way the yamahas look too. I looked into them for a while a week or so ago but idk why i eventually disregarded them. I assumed they wouldn't be good since they looked like knockoff beats maybe, or i saw a bad review somewhere. Thats the thing that has me looking for th perfect headphones is theres always mixed reviews for every single headphone n theyre always to the extreme bad or extreme good so I dont know who to believe. Its chaos

I'm using mine with the JDS labs C5 and it sounds great. A lot of people here don't like the beats and the way they look so they stay away from it. I rank them above headphones like the M100 and Denon D600. Here's more info on the Yamaha if you're interested. http://www.head-fi.org/t/628488/yamaha-pro-headphones

There really is no way to pick the perfect headphone, My only advice in this regard is to use reviews to help you get a basic understanding of a headphone's sound signature and capabilities, because what he hears might not be what you hear, and it's best choose a reviewer who has similar interest in music and sound signature as you.
Also, not everyone is going to agree on a headphone, so if you want an opinion on a basshead headphone don't go to a purist. (vice versa)

Nov 19, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #11 of 15

As for your question, the UE6000 is the more balanced of the two, but for your preferred music genre I'd go with the PRO700MK2. The only thing with the PRO700MK2 is you will need an amp if you want that big bass.

Yamaha Pro 500's are 300-400 bucks, too much for me. They do sound ideal though. damn

Nov 19, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #14 of 15
Okay so I believe the point of the amp is to:
1. provide enough gain for certain headphones that have high impedance
2. alter the sound with the given sound signature produced from the amp.

Are you only set on these two pairs? What is your budget?

Nov 19, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #15 of 15
  Okay so I believe the point of the amp is to:
1. provide enough gain for certain headphones that have high impedance
2. alter the sound with the given sound signature produced from the amp.

Are you only set on these two pairs? What is your budget?

I somewhat are but of course I am open to other suggestions. Look throughout this thread my other thread for possible others that I have considered. I dont want to spend over 200 for headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back