Which ipod rumor are you buying into?
Mar 23, 2006 at 6:44 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeeeMeS
Or cover it with a transparent material that doesn't scratch or get fingerprints on it
evil_smiley.gif

word

Mar 23, 2006 at 10:11 PM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanY
I think there's no question that Apple will be introducing a Shuffle replacement soon, given the unusual shortage of Shuffles for the last few weeks. It's also gone quite a long time without an update or refresh. Either that or they'll get rid of it entirely and lower the price of the entry level Nano. It's always hard to tell what Apple will do though.

Shortage of shuffles where? They ship within 24 hours on their website, and every Circuit City, Best Buy, Compusa, etc. has plenty of them in stock.

I still like the simplicity of the shuffle-- was even thinking of buying one since the 512MB is only $70 nowadays (had one originally, then upgraded to the Mini), but if something new, or a lowered price on the 1GB Nano is on the horizon, then I can hold tight for a bit...

Mar 24, 2006 at 12:17 AM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by biggulp
A 32GB flash drive would cost well into the four digits when it is first released. Don't expect to be able to afford it in any portable devices soon.

Oh, absolutely. And usually, these newly released components encounter a battery of tests which may take several months before they are implemented in such popular mainstream products as the iPod. Hell, the 16GB flash memory has been out for about 6 months and I have yet to see it in any consumer products. I was merely mentioning that if a dream product was to be created, that, to me, would be it. Well...maybe a 32GB ipod phone with music and video capability, 4" HD widescreen, touchscreen scrollwheel control, built in digital line out, EDGE capability, Wifi, and bluetooth (to go with the multitude of new iPhone bluetooth accessories...yum!). Whew...that should do the trick.

Mar 24, 2006 at 12:43 AM Post #19 of 25
the iPods battery isn't powerhungry. In fact, nothing about the iPod is power hungry, except H.264, apples most wonderful power hog codec. Thats why the battery life sucks for movies...

Mar 24, 2006 at 3:44 AM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik
I don't know if anyone else caught it, but Samsung dropped a big hint yesterday. Some time this year, they're bringing out a 32GB flash drive. Access is a whole lot faster than a hard drive and it supposedly uses 95% less power. Further, Apple is partnered with Samsung for flash memory. Connecting the dots isn't difficult.

Apple's 30th anniversary is coming up on April 1. I think Steve might have a bombshell or two up his sleeve to celebrate. And just to make sure, my brother-in-law and I are hitting the local Apple Store first thing on 4/1: free t-shirts and other swag are likely.

Good idea. I'll hit up the mall in Toronto. 32gb player? That'll cost at least 500$ US. Not really worth it. The advantage is negligible for such a small capacity. For 500$ US you can get a 100GB PVP.

I have no doubt that apple will release (a) a new shuffle, and (b) a new front line player; and updated or "premium" ipod video. I don't think they're ready to release a new nano or PVP.

Mar 24, 2006 at 3:49 AM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by ScubaSteve87
everyone keeps complaining about scratches on the screen or figner prints with the new ipod. I don't see how hard it is to just wipe it off with your shirt quick or just don't go keeping it in the drawer with your sand paper and steel wool. or just GET A CASE. I for one and not worried about scratches or smudges on the screen what so ever.

my friend had a case on his ipod

guess what
the case scratched his ipod
he returned it and got a zen vision m

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
Good idea. I'll hit up the mall in Toronto. 32gb player? That'll cost at least 500$ US. Not really worth it. The advantage is negligible for such a small capacity. For 500$ US you can get a 100GB PVP.

I have no doubt that apple will release (a) a new shuffle, and (b) a new front line player; and updated or "premium" ipod video. I don't think they're ready to release a new nano or PVP.

32gb=4 digits

Mar 24, 2006 at 4:00 AM Post #23 of 25
It costs Samsung $30GB. That would equal $960 today just for the capacity. Do not expect Apple to even touch flash capacities this big. Even though the price of flash will decrease Apple would rather make a huge profit than a little by useing a HDD that is way cheaper and will be most likely, smaller. (even though 1.8" isnt big at all Apple will say otherwise..)

Mar 24, 2006 at 8:29 AM Post #24 of 25
Did anyone catch the little bit of information dropped the other day that Ipod has notified it's distributors that the 60gb ipod is not going to continue. My guess, the video ipod is for real and will be announced very soon.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back