Which ipod rumor are you buying into?
Mar 22, 2006 at 4:22 PM Post #5 of 25
I think there's no question that Apple will be introducing a Shuffle replacement soon, given the unusual shortage of Shuffles for the last few weeks. It's also gone quite a long time without an update or refresh. Either that or they'll get rid of it entirely and lower the price of the entry level Nano. It's always hard to tell what Apple will do though.

Mar 22, 2006 at 9:39 PM Post #6 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanY
I think there's no question that Apple will be introducing a Shuffle replacement soon, given the unusual shortage of Shuffles for the last few weeks. It's also gone quite a long time without an update or refresh. Either that or they'll get rid of it entirely and lower the price of the entry level Nano. It's always hard to tell what Apple will do though.

I wonder how much they can improve the Shuffle without making it the Nano, though.
And sign me up for a black matte finished Nano!

Mar 22, 2006 at 10:23 PM Post #7 of 25
I thought the 1 gig nano was the replacement for the shuffle. With apple saying the 60 gig 5G's are going to be harder to get now, it seems like something news gonna come out, whether its different sizes of the 5G or maybe even something new.

Mar 23, 2006 at 9:07 AM Post #8 of 25
I don't know if anyone else caught it, but Samsung dropped a big hint yesterday. Some time this year, they're bringing out a 32GB flash drive. Access is a whole lot faster than a hard drive and it supposedly uses 95% less power. Further, Apple is partnered with Samsung for flash memory. Connecting the dots isn't difficult.

Apple's 30th anniversary is coming up on April 1. I think Steve might have a bombshell or two up his sleeve to celebrate. And just to make sure, my brother-in-law and I are hitting the local Apple Store first thing on 4/1: free t-shirts and other swag are likely.

Mar 23, 2006 at 9:33 AM Post #10 of 25
wow a 32gb flash drive would solve some of the actual video ipod like power consumption but how bout scratches on the screen? i think a flash drive in the 5g would be pretty sweet

Mar 23, 2006 at 11:06 AM Post #11 of 25
The rumour that Apple will release a mobile phone presumably with mp3 ability seems pretty definate at this point.

Mar 23, 2006 at 12:26 PM Post #12 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosk
The rumour that Apple will release a mobile phone presumably with mp3 ability seems pretty definate at this point.

How about a mobile phone with video capability and 32GB of flash memory?!
eek.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 5:15 PM Post #14 of 25
everyone keeps complaining about scratches on the screen or figner prints with the new ipod. I don't see how hard it is to just wipe it off with your shirt quick or just don't go keeping it in the drawer with your sand paper and steel wool. or just GET A CASE. I for one and not worried about scratches or smudges on the screen what so ever.

Mar 23, 2006 at 5:23 PM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by ScubaSteve87
everyone keeps complaining about scratches on the screen or figner prints with the new ipod. I don't see how hard it is to just wipe it off with your shirt quick or just don't go keeping it in the drawer with your sand paper and steel wool. or just GET A CASE. I for one and not worried about scratches or smudges on the screen what so ever.

Or cover it with a transparent material that doesn't scratch or get fingerprints on it
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back