Which inserts you prefer for your IEMs
Dec 13, 2006 at 10:52 PM Post #16 of 28
Triflanges on my e4s and most likely tris on the e500s when they get here
etysmile.gif

Dec 13, 2006 at 11:48 PM Post #17 of 28
Hmm any mod post here, can you add Tri/doube flange to the poll?

Dec 14, 2006 at 1:43 AM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm any mod post here, can you add Tri/doube flange to the poll?

Done! and I even cast the first vote
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 14, 2006 at 2:01 AM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Done! and I even cast the first vote
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks =)

Dec 14, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #20 of 28
and orange foam takes the lead =)

Dec 14, 2006 at 4:09 AM Post #21 of 28
Tri flange preference for me, i find the foamies lose their shape very easy after a few days use and the tri flanges are very easy to clean by soaking in an small amount of sterilising fluid.

Dec 14, 2006 at 9:55 AM Post #22 of 28
I find the orange foams tend to give the music a little more bass, but maybe it's just because it fits better for me.

I have wet ears, so when I push the triflanges too deep into my ears, they pull out a bunch of earwax, which is disgusting to deal with when in public
redface.gif

Dec 14, 2006 at 11:54 AM Post #23 of 28
to tell the truth i change quite often, i typically use ety tri's tho, because they tend to last the longest, seal well and offer the best value (come in packs of 10 for the same price of 2 shure ones in the UK).
i am a huge fan of modding tips constantly though, on my e5c's i am using a combination of an ex71 large sylicone tip, ety black foamie and triflange!!!
ill post a pic in a sec.

Dec 14, 2006 at 3:29 PM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkKLC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find the orange foams tend to give the music a little more bass, but maybe it's just because it fits better for me.

I have wet ears, so when I push the triflanges too deep into my ears, they pull out a bunch of earwax, which is disgusting to deal with when in public
redface.gif

I notice that too, it seems that the foam makes bass sound alittle looser...not as tight...for some music i would prob like that. I brought the soft black silicon with me today. I LOVE that they easy to get in, much easier then the foam.

Does anyone know of triflange that will fit my e2g's?

Dec 14, 2006 at 3:49 PM Post #25 of 28
Biflanges for UEs and soft silicone for Westones. Somehow, I cannot get used to the complies. You also have to change them constantly. May get triflanges or custom moulds in the future
biggrin.gif

Dec 15, 2006 at 9:23 PM Post #26 of 28
Foamies look like they going to win...

Now, about how long does the foam last before its not useable?

Dec 16, 2006 at 7:21 AM Post #28 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I notice that too, it seems that the foam makes bass sound alittle looser...not as tight...for some music i would prob like that. I brought the soft black silicon with me today. I LOVE that they easy to get in, much easier then the foam.

Does anyone know of triflange that will fit my e2g's?

I retract my previous statement about the foam having the most bass. The soft black sleeves seem to give a better seal and better bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back