Which inserts you prefer for your IEMs
Dec 13, 2006 at 4:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Dominat0r

Formerly known as HighLife
Here you go guys, vote for your favorite insert. I just got my shures and really like the foam insert. However they kinda make my inner ear itch. The black silicon ones are nice, however they give me the sweaty ear effect after a while. Clear silicon ones are just WAAAY to hard to be comfortable.

Or maybe those custom foam ( i think they foam ) ones from ebay. Kinda looks like a piece of gum. How do you guys like those compared to foams? How long do they last compared to orange foam?

Vote away...need to purchase some extra...want to see if the custom ones are worth it over the stock orange foams.

Dec 13, 2006 at 4:55 PM Post #2 of 28
What about the triple flanges? I find i get the best seal with the clear silicon ones and i dont need to shove them right in which to me opens up the soundstage a bit and not so much inside your head.

Dec 13, 2006 at 5:10 PM Post #3 of 28
I have UE's and I am not familiar with the clear silicone but between the foam, soft silicone and single flanges I prefer the soft silicone by a HUGE margin!

Dec 13, 2006 at 5:30 PM Post #5 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by caramelsoul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about the triple flanges? I find i get the best seal with the clear silicon ones and i dont need to shove them right in which to me opens up the soundstage a bit and not so much inside your head.

Ohh, dam forgot about the triple and double flanged ones. Going to write to a mod and see if he can add it. I didnt even think about those cause my shures only come with the 3 mentioned above, plus the customs. Can you get flanged ones for shures e2's?

Dec 13, 2006 at 6:01 PM Post #7 of 28
Black soft inserts. The foams are too much of a bacterial niche unless you're planning on switching them out every few days (especially if you use them to the gym).

Dec 13, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #8 of 28
I had my ER4S for number of years now and tri-flange is my favorite. I don't even think about it when I placed them into my ears anymore. All of my deployments to various parts of the world were more tolerable due to my enjoyment of ER4S(tri-flange) and portable headphone amp. As far as comforts are concern, foam inserts are most comfortable for me but durability wasn't so good. And tri-flanges are comfortable enough and they are very durable and washable.
etysmile.gif

Dec 13, 2006 at 9:50 PM Post #14 of 28
Can you use tri-flange ones on shure's e2 line?

Dec 13, 2006 at 10:02 PM Post #15 of 28
Ety medium bi-flanges are perfect for my ears. Tri-flanges hurt a little. I also like soft black silicone tips, but they let too much dirt get into the Ety ER4P filters (have to change them too much).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back