Which IEMs don't protrude from the ear?
Jan 28, 2009 at 2:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

excitedearthling

New Head-Fier
I'm shopping for a pair of IEMs (canalphone) that don't protrude or stick out from the ear. This is important because I'll be wearing a snug hood that hugs my ears. I plan on attaching comply foam tips to provide hearing protection at work.

Which IEMs protrude the least from your ear?

Jan 28, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #2 of 20
Vmoda, UE SF3.

Jan 28, 2009 at 4:38 AM Post #6 of 20
Westones will do the job

Jan 28, 2009 at 12:04 PM Post #7 of 20
Shure SE530 - As good as flush, sits inside the ear.
Those Klipsch lot seem quite small?

Jan 28, 2009 at 12:35 PM Post #9 of 20
x5 for the Westones. I own the UM1. Some canal phones don't stick out far, but they stick out more than the UM1.

From pictures, the Senn IE8 looks like it doesn't stick out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by member1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Vmoda, UE SF3.

They both stick straight out of your ear. The opposite of what the OP wants. Vmodas don't stick out far but they do stick out. The SF3 is about the worst for sticking out out that I've seen or tried.

Jan 28, 2009 at 1:46 PM Post #10 of 20
my friend wears the vmoda and it doesnt stick out as much...

i know those shure ones can sort of tuck in, if is that what the OP is talking about then they are very good.

Jan 28, 2009 at 1:51 PM Post #11 of 20
westone 3 will fall out with using siliconetips, if you are wearing a cap which will push your ears towards your skull.. it makes them loose seal, but not completely fall out. with comply that probably wouldn't be the case.

Jan 28, 2009 at 1:58 PM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of my IEMs, the only one that lets me lay my head down comfortably (while wearing, of course) is my Westone UM2, as it situates very low-profile in the concha.

How about IE7? (u have tried those i think?)

i received mine just now.

dont have any experience with IEMs but compared to UE SF5 and TF10..they are much less protruding.

EDIT: Actually i tried the IE7 while sleeping..man..even with one side on the pillow..i didnt even know i was wearing it.

Jan 28, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #14 of 20
Another vote for UM1's. The other Westone products appear to have similar traits as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back