which IEM's are your biggest dissapointment and why??
Dec 3, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #17 of 70
Some of the IEM that I have tried does not have good isolation or poor cables.

Dec 3, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #18 of 70
Sony EX71s, only after getting the KSC75s did I realise how bad they sounded overall.

Plus the fact that the wire casing literally melted off the cables..

Dec 3, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #19 of 70
My experience with iem's is limited to er6i, Marshmallows and Plugs. For the prices I paid, none were a letdown. For dollar/sound quality the Plugs don't come close to Marshmallows but when I bought them I just needed something to drown out lawn mower noise and allow a bit of diversion. I used them for a couple years before getting a decent pair of iem's. They would certainly be a disappointment now.

Dec 3, 2007 at 3:40 AM Post #22 of 70
Shure E2. For around $80, they should offer a bit more. When I first bought them, I used them for running until I discovered KSC-75's, which stomped them into the ground.
They were WAY too muddy for their price.

Dec 3, 2007 at 3:46 AM Post #23 of 70
Besides the vibes and possibly the Ety ER4s, I don't see why anybody would vote the SE 420. People who say the SE 310 is superior just didn't pay close attention to the music. Even the Shure rep endorses the SE 420 as being the more neutral/truer sounding IEM than the SE 530.

Dec 3, 2007 at 4:16 AM Post #24 of 70
Koss - The Plug: Because the tip goes all scungy and are uber bass heavy and broke.

Etymotic - ER6i: I was excited about these, look nice, so comfy with Shure Olives, but the microphonics were ridiculous! I stay away from all Ety and Ety based earphones now.

Dec 3, 2007 at 9:34 AM Post #27 of 70
Shure E2c, I actually felt them as a crappy earbuds with in-ear plug system.

Dec 3, 2007 at 7:54 PM Post #28 of 70
My vote is awfully obvious since packaged earbuds almost always are really bad. I've listened to bad earbuds more times than I would like to admit but the big disappointment is so many people are not getting everything they can out of their DAPs.
confused.gif
My Sony Walkman NWZ-A818 paired with Shure SE420s is the kind of sound that a portable setup should have. The only complaint I can think of is that I don't have the SE530s so I might be missing out a little bit. (or maybe allot, I don't know)

Dec 3, 2007 at 9:07 PM Post #29 of 70
Come on guys, no love for "the plug"? They got bass...

The e2g was my biggest disappointment. Muddy bass, boring mid range, annoying treble. Kramer modded they are a little more bearable.

Dec 3, 2007 at 9:42 PM Post #30 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by gtp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another vote for E500/SE530 disappointment: I was most bothered by the rolled off highs and vacant vocals. I preferred the SE420.

Well, to my ears the vocal performance is actually one of the Shure E500/SE530s strengths. Often I have a very vivid sensation as though the singer is right there next to me! Chances are you didn't get a good fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back