which IEM's are your biggest dissapointment and why??
Dec 3, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #31 of 70
Worst "IEM" - BOSE in-ear

Dec 3, 2007 at 10:50 PM Post #32 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, to my ears the vocal performance is actually one of the Shure E500/SE530s strengths. Often I have a very vivid sensation as though the singer is right there next to me! Chances are you didn't get a good fit.

Nope, fit was fine. I found the vocals to be diffuse and less up-front than other IEMs. Strangely enough, I find the presentation of vocals with my SE420s to be great.

Dec 4, 2007 at 4:18 AM Post #33 of 70
I have never been that disapointed with any of the IEMs that I have puchased besides maybe(slightly dissapointed) the super.fi 5 pro. I found my Etymotic ER4-p to be better just about everywhere. The 4p in my opinion have slightly better bass extension than the Super.fi 5 pro, and AMAZING treble extension. The ER4 is a more refined headphone in my opinion. The headphones though that have most amazed me are definitely my triple.fi 10 pro. When comparing the the TF10 to other headphones, there is just so much more refinement, control, and articulation throughout the music that it makes me wonder how I ever lived with out them. The ER4-S has also impressed me quite a bit, but not as much as the triple.fi though.

Dec 4, 2007 at 7:20 AM Post #34 of 70
I would have to say:

E3c- They were my first venture into IEM's i thought they sounded good at first but then realized they were all mids, the highs were rolled off, as was the bass.

E5c- These were great but the bass was over-emphasized, the treble was a bit rolled off or just muffled by the over-emphasized bass. Once again the mids were a bit emphasized as well leaving the over all sound a bit muffled almost. I expected a bit more out of a $500 earphone. I found the E4c's to sound better and preferred them besides lacking bass and soundstage compared to the E5c's.

Dec 5, 2007 at 4:47 AM Post #35 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Worst "IEM" - BOSE in-ear

Have you listened to the Apple In-ears? Or any of the Sony bundled IEMs? Your opinion might change after listening to those.

Dec 5, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #37 of 70
q-JAYS, becuase of their obsene markup for european costumers,
Futuresonics Atrio M5 - The bass is great, shame most tracks also include some sound beyond the 1khz mark,

Dec 5, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #39 of 70
Etymotic ER-6i,

Simply uncomfortable, from the fresh out of box, till now.
I tried to pair it with multiple amps; ibasso d1, XIN SMIII v6, Corda Headsix, or even Heed Canamp. The sound is too analytical, dan overbright - my ears getting hurt every 10 mins prior to any kind music listening.

The isolation is quite good, but not really useful if you can't stand using it after 10 mins. Only foam buds that able to keep me using it for 30 mins to 1 hours, but that just alright.

Not really worth for $260 AUD (I preorder it), and yet when I put on FS thread, the only offer I got is $50 AUD. Well... what a shame, but this is my first IEM, so I will keep it as a collection.

Dec 5, 2007 at 7:12 PM Post #40 of 70
Biggest disappointment would be the E500PTH if I had paid anywhere near full price for them. Could not get used to the rolled off highs...

... but for $259 off eBay, only a mild disappointment. Runner-up disappointment goes to JBL Reference 220 for being outclassed by the CX300, which I don't really like much to begin with.

I highly dislike the sound of my JVC Marshmallows (modded or unmodded), but I can't be too disappointed with them considering they were less than $20.

Dec 5, 2007 at 9:33 PM Post #42 of 70
Shure e500 is my biggest dissapointment. I stated in other threads that I am far from an audiophile and that I don't think I have the "master ear" of some here.. but anyway.. for me the super-fi 5 pro is close to the e500 and has more bass for a fraction of the cost. Unless you are a real expert..try them before spending $$$.

P.s. I know the fit isn't as good with the UE..but you can get used to it for the price... Also.. I used the e500 for over a year trying to be happy with them...but just couldn't be.

Dec 6, 2007 at 4:21 PM Post #43 of 70
I don't think so as the poll is to compare rare IEMs with common ones.

Etys didn't disappoint anyone who knew what they deliver (actually looked for that special features, i.e. analytic and detailed sound)...

V-Moda Vibes were good and still are but way overpriced for the sound (I had OVC T25 which were actually original Vibes with original name before V-moda started selling them as vibes). That's why they score like that.
UE's are below all the earphones mentioned in price/value ratio but I wouldn't choose anything else if I just had the money to spend.

Dec 6, 2007 at 5:00 PM Post #44 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by d.phens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think so as the poll is to compare rare IEMs with common ones.

Etys didn't disappoint anyone who knew what they deliver (actually looked for that special features, i.e. analytic and detailed sound)...

V-Moda Vibes were good and still are but way overpriced for the sound (I had OVC T25 which were actually original Vibes with original name before V-moda started selling them as vibes). That's why they score like that.
UE's are below all the earphones mentioned in price/value ratio but I wouldn't choose anything else if I just had the money to spend.

the poll is absoulutely fair...now if i hadnt put ''other'' as an option no it wouldnt be fair but i just threw a few options up there to let people know im not asking what cheap buds you dont like, im talkin high end phones that dont sound high end to you, therfor they dissapoint you.

without any disrespect...do take a flick through next time and see that people are actually putting anything they dont like down and clicking other, and that was my aim of the thread. once again the few ive put up are just pointers to show they dont have to be cheap

Dec 11, 2007 at 7:57 AM Post #45 of 70
audio technica w5000
too bright sound, lack of bass, not great sounding as it looks...to me the best current sale good looking headphone available...but that's it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back