Which IEM is the best for electronic dance music under $300?
Oct 29, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Possum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I completely agree. I just got my TF10 back and the distant, laid back presentation is not as engaging as the UM2. I take back what I said about the bass. The TF10 has the boomier mid bass. There's more impact, but also more uncontrolled boom. The UM2's bass is a little more controlled and deeper, but has less impact.

It will definitely help me a lot. Thanks for ur help. Let me ask you a stupid question. I don't clearly understand about what do you mean by controlled and uncontrolled boom. Pls explain me about that when you have time.

Oct 29, 2008 at 3:27 AM Post #18 of 23
I would say that 75-80% of my music is electronic; I use SE530's and they're really great for these tunes. also a very good IEM across the board and very adaptable to other styles of music. the UM2 has more bass but not quite as balanced. BTW if you get them; make sure you get some comply tips instead of the shure black foamies. the shure tips have good isolation, but ruin any music with bass bloat and slight distortion IMO. I would rate these 3 ... 1. SE530 good balanced SQ across the range and good comfort (I fall asleep with them on no problem), 2. UM2 great bass great comfort, not quite as balanced IMO (regardless of what earphone solutions say) 3. UE triple.fi deep bass (deeper than the other 2) but not as tight, and the highs might get a bit fatiguing for techno; they did for me, I had them for a few weeks before the shures and returned them because of this, comfort issues and the fact that the left channel became faulty after only 10days

Oct 29, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #19 of 23
The bass of the SF5Ps is not really 'in your face' though. Not too sure about the EB variant, but I think you won't go wrong with the UM2

Oct 29, 2008 at 4:54 AM Post #20 of 23
Thanks for helping me, bros. I'm going to track it down to UM2 or SE530. I also heard that Westone 3 going to come out. Should I wait for that one? What do u know about that earphone bros?

Oct 29, 2008 at 8:43 AM Post #21 of 23
UM2 from Mike on ebay with the 25% off cashback and a 10% coupon if you have one will end up costing 161 bucks (when you get the 25% rebate back)! Just a thought....

Nov 28, 2008 at 10:23 AM Post #23 of 23
i just picked up the sf5 eb today.
i also listen to a lot of electronica.
in my opinion, the ebs are superb. i did a few mixes earlier with them on my turntables and i haven't had such a fun set in a long time.
i've been buying iems for the past 2 years now and this is the first time i actually have absolutely no regret.

ps: i have a very diverse music collection ranging from: hardcore to hip hop and the eb's have performed very well IMO with most of my music other than the acoustic stuff.

feel free to pm if you want more details or whatnot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back