Which IEM is good for dubstep under $150
Apr 23, 2013 at 6:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Doggy2712

New Head-Fier
Hi im new to the earphone industry and Ive only use the klipsch s4.
Anyways, Im looking for a earphone which is good for listening to things like dubstep and edm for around $150. Someone recommended to me that the westone 1 is good and i would like your recommendations.

Apr 23, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #2 of 11
Fischer DBA 02 MK2 is very good and somewhere around $200 in Australia. Not sure about US but it's probably cheaper there. 

Apr 24, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:
Hi im new to the earphone industry and Ive only use the klipsch s4.
Anyways, Im looking for a earphone which is good for listening to things like dubstep and edm for around $150. Someone recommended to me that the westone 1 is good and i would like your recommendations.

Genres are helpful, but we all like different presentations of our genres. Stating sound preferences would be immensely more helpful in the long run. You can find a nice list of terms in the H-F glossary, but would advise against picking and choosing any term that seems appealing because in the end they might really conflicts with one another.

Describing sound is difficult to get into at first, but it makes giving recommendation a much simpler job. Otherwise you have people throwing out random suggestions for the only things they've heard, without much specification on what you might actually be looking for. A massive medley of choices can be just as confusing despite however helpful it might seem at first.

Also preferences in terms of comfort (any peculiarities in terms of fit that you might have with IEMs?), isolation, and build, would be helpful as well.

Oh, almost forgot - http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here

Apr 24, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #6 of 11
Sorry didnt see that thread as Im using the mobile version. Anyways, I did state that I mainly listen to EDM like dubstep, drum amd bass etc. I cant find the H-F glossary so maybe you can give me the link?
EDIT:Oops just saw the automated pm sent to me. Sry ill read it now :D

Apr 24, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #8 of 11
Hmm just finished reading it and I dont undersrand what it means by high/low and the frequency. Can anyone help me with that.
Other than that, I think Im looking for an earphone with good bass.

Apr 24, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:
Hmm just finished reading it and I dont undersrand what it means by high/low and the frequency. Can anyone help me with that.
Other than that, I think Im looking for an earphone with good bass.

Frequency ranges and their relevance towards practical music listening - 

(Interactive version here - http://www.independentrecording.net/irn/resources/freqchart/main_display.htm)
Highs = treble
Lows = Bass
Among other technicalities - would give the glossary another read if you're still confused.

Anyways, preliminary recs for the bass thing (suspected as such) - the FXZ100s would have a very powerful and full sound, something like the FXD80s would be leaner but have plenty of speed and fast/tight impact. Also the MTPG and the MG7s at that price range. These are pretty generic recs, tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back