Which IEM for Rock,Pop,Metal,house music?
Jan 27, 2009 at 12:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Luca T

100+ Head-Fier
Which one do you think could be better for this kind of music?

I read a lot about Westone3, UE triple Fi 10 and Shure Se530 and something about Senn Ie8 but I don't know which one could be more suitable for me!

Thanks a lot!

Jan 27, 2009 at 2:19 PM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Klipsch x10. Great bass, great clarity, and way cheaper then W3, SE530, IE8.

Is it on the same league of the others?

Jan 27, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #4 of 18
Headphone Addict prefered them over the SE530 and Triple.Fi's .. when the westone 3 came out, he said the W3 were the best (though if you read here, you'll see that not everyone thinks they're the best) and the IE8 wasn't out by then

Jan 27, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #6 of 18
I don't know what the frequency curve is, all I can say is that I can hear all the highs in my metal songs perfectly.. they may be rolled off and whatnot, I'm not the most adept at putting adjectives to million different facets of sound, all I know is what sounds right and what doesn't.

The x10's sound very right. However that is only when you use a good amp. When I used my Cowon D2 headphone out, the bass was boomy and drowned out the mids too much. I fixed it with the EQ but just saying.

Jan 27, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #8 of 18
I use my se530's for a lot of rock music, and it sounds great. The rolled off highs are a blessing in disguise to reduce fatigue. The guitars are excellent. The bass is tight and focused which may work with your house music

Jan 27, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by crowley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use my se530's for a lot of rock music, and it sounds great. The rolled off highs are a blessing in disguise to reduce fatigue. The guitars are excellent. The bass is tight and focused which may work with your house music

To be honest the shure was my first aim then I read about the treble rolling off so i was worried about the use with rock music (and in particular for guitar)!

Jan 27, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #10 of 18
The 530's work well with rock because most of the guitar sounds fall midrange. The treble might affect you though, it wasn't a deal breaker for me. Test the iems first as mentioned but since you were looking for opinions, here you go
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 27, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

The 530's work well with rock because most of the guitar sounds fall midrange. The treble might affect you though, it wasn't a deal breaker for me. Test the iems first as mentioned but since you were looking for opinions, here you go
smily_headphones1.gif

The problem is I cannot test in person those IEM
frown.gif

Jan 28, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #13 of 18
IMO, the se530 works best with rock. the w3 though is considered to be the better hp overall for all kinds of music. I've tried the w3's and have decided to stick to my shures and have never looked back. It really is a matter of preference. Look for reviews of all the hp's you mentioned, I'm sure somebody mentioned iems for rock. Good luck in finding the one best for you. Sometimes the fun part is figuring out which really works.

Jan 28, 2009 at 3:00 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

IMO, the se530 works best with rock. the w3 though is considered to be the better hp overall for all kinds of music. I've tried the w3's and have decided to stick to my shures and have never looked back. It really is a matter of preference. Look for reviews of all the hp's you mentioned, I'm sure somebody mentioned iems for rock. Good luck in finding the one best for you. Sometimes the fun part is figuring out which really works.

Thank you for your help!

I have been reading hundreds of web-pages and reviwes for days, I hope to catch the right one for me!
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back