Which IEM are reshell-able?
Jul 3, 2011 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Majin

500+ Head-Fier
Are all armature IEM reshell-able? If not does someone have a list of reshell-able IEMs.

Jul 3, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #2 of 12
Not EXACTLY sure about specific IEMs... I re-shelled my SCL3 (mid driver), UE TF10 (high driver), and Knowles driver (Bass driver, forgot exact driver name..). Hearing this, you can assume practically every Driver (BA and Dynamic) is "re-shell"able? Depends on which company you ask i guess... I asked Unique Melody through a friend to get mine specially done...

Jul 3, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #3 of 12
I wonder if you can reshell 16mm drivers that are inside Sony IEMs?
tongue.gif

Jul 3, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #4 of 12
chances are you might be able to. Look at the CT20s by Sleek!! 20 drivers... daaaaamnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Jul 3, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #5 of 12
I googled it, and first link shows that it was April Fool's.
confused_face.gif
  I wonder if I reshell my ER4P, will it still be ER4P??  

Quote:
chances are you might be able to. Look at the CT20s by Sleek!! 20 drivers... daaaaamnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Jul 3, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #6 of 12

Quote:
Are all armature IEM reshell-able? If not does someone have a list of reshell-able IEMs.

well, some armature IEMs are a little more special, the crossover points are located in the cable , i forgot which

Jul 3, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #7 of 12
hahahaha i tried xD yea its a fake but the reality is, anything is possible if your drivers are working and the company is able to make it into a custom. ER4? urmm not so sure but i'm pretty sure the sound is going to be very similar indeed. The housing and filters may change the sound but you should still be getting the ER4 sound hopefully. Sound isolation may not turn out to be the same when you get it Customized. I strongly recommend you contacting Companies like Unique Melody to ask if your ER4 (+ other drivers?) is do-able...

Jul 4, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #8 of 12

Quote:
Not EXACTLY sure about specific IEMs... I re-shelled my SCL3 (mid driver), UE TF10 (high driver), and Knowles driver (Bass driver, forgot exact driver name..). Hearing this, you can assume practically every Driver (BA and Dynamic) is "re-shell"able? Depends on which company you ask i guess... I asked Unique Melody through a friend to get mine specially done...

did they sound better after reshelling?

Jul 5, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #9 of 12

Quote:

did they sound better after reshelling?

Couldn't specifically tell if it was an improvement over my SCL3, or the TF10 because i used an assortment of drivers. What i noticed was a very familiar sound from each of the drivers, like the vocals warmth from the SCL3, Clarity and precision from the Highs TF10, and ect.. In a nutshell, yes it sounded much "better" but i think the better term would be "different"

Mar 20, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #11 of 12
IEM's that have the crossover in the cable aren't very common, I'm not even sure if there are any universals that have them in the cables.
Pretty much all common BA models are reshellable, like the TF10, Westone 1-4, Westone UM series, Shure Se535's, SM3's.
In my opinion it's not really worth it to get your IEM's reshelled unless you love the sound but really can't get a good fit, or the IEM's are so old that the original shell needs replacing.  Most higher end universal models now, like the Westones, Shures, and SM3v2's have a pretty ergonomic casing that is pretty comfortable to use, and is of better quality (in my opinion) than some of the budget options for reshelling

Mar 21, 2012 at 5:00 AM Post #12 of 12
The list of IEMs that Unique Melody can reshell:

http://uniquemelody.co/lineup/reshell/

There's also this additional info:

"In addition to the re-shells featured in this line up guide we can also re-shell and upgrade many other of your favourite universal in ear monitors."

So you can inquire with them should you have an IEM that's not on their list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back