Which IEM? €250 budget. IE8 / SE425 / EX700 / TF10 / W2 / UE 700 ?
Jan 1, 2012 at 8:44 AM Post #16 of 30

Quote:
Haha, so do the TF10's isolate good or bad..., any more opinions on that? I´ll stay away from portable amps for the moment...

Right now I think about getting either the Shure SE425 (€233,99) or the Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 (€149,99), but love to hear more on the Sennheiser IE 8, Sony MDR-EX700, Ultimate Ears 700 and Westone 2.

The tf10 does isolate well as long as you have large ear channels to get a secure fit as they have a large diameter sound tube and most of there body sits outside of the ear making them slip out if the seal is not tight ,they are the best sounding iem in your list though. The sure will be the best fitting and have some of the best isolation around. i used to have the SE420 ,great isolation but i did not like there sound at all , very little bass and almost zero treble extension . The IE8 are a shallow fit iem there fore have very little isolation ,this can be improved if you can tolerate using triple flange tips or senercorm tips which go deep in ear , they have one off the largest soundstage on iem;s but the midbass bleeds into the mids coloring the vocals .

Jan 1, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #17 of 30

Quote:
The E11 is a terrible amp for IEMs, noisy output, it does good for headphones mostly, I would rather get a FiiO E5 or go unamped. The E6 was TBH also not a really good product.

My E11 has a silent output with all the headphones and iem's i have used with it ! and it is a very good amp with tones of power and two decent bass settings and great value for money.i did not like my friends E5 when i tried it though ,it is little more than a toy with very little gain and the bass boosts did not do anything at all .

Jan 1, 2012 at 9:01 AM Post #18 of 30
I made a topic and posted on some topics (and a few others) about the Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com deals for the Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro's; I would pick them as there are currently no triple-driver IEM's, or even any IEM's, that can beat the discounted prices for the Triple.Fi's on Amazon, especially as their SQ is still regarded a s very good. At this discount price, its beats everything (ergonomics and fit notwithstanding):

Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro for £109.99
Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro via Amazon.com for $170.62

On that note, I own the UE Super.Fi 5 Pro's, which uses an almost identical body and shape to the Triple.Fi's. Due to my ears, none of the silicone tips could fit in my ears without discomfort, and the isolation was less than my Etymotic Research ER-6i's with the triple-flange silicone tips. However, the Comply T500 foam tips were amazingly comfortable and isolated far, far better than the silicone tips (my Ety's, as they are well known for this, are still better by a few dB).
Unfortunately, I lost the right earpiece of the Super.Fi's at the end of 2009, but I never forgot that seal. I have ordered the Triple.Fi 10 Pro's, and ordered with it the Comply TX-500 (with a wax-guard, which is very important for me).

So yeah, in my opinion over your other choices, go for it! You can spend the rest of your budget on getting a cheap yet well made headphone amplifier. I say go for JDSLabs.com cMoy BB v2.03 amps, as they are quite famous here on Head-Fi, been reviewed by the blog Headfonia.com, and are just plain AWESOME if budget if tight. The new one (v2.03) is also rechargeable if you want, and you can have either two non-rechargeable or chargeable batteries on top. You can even email John Seaber to see if he will make a 'tricked-out' custom version of the current cMoy BB v2.03 amp just for you. I have a custom built amp, the v2.02, from him before he graduated from his academic course back in 2009, and it sounds great! This custom amp was a replacement for another amp I bought from him in 2007/2008, the v2.01. I would also consider his C421 amp, but the cMoy v2.03 is very cheap for a high quality amp, and within your budget if you bought the Triple.Fi 10's at the discount deal price.
Hopefully this month I will either get a custom-built v2.03 or the C421's, but I am also considering to get some custom-mould tips for my Triple.Fi's this month too...

Unfortunately, and I rather be honest than not reveal this issue, and as I have written in my topic and on this topic, after I received my Triple.Fi 10's on 31.12.11 (early in the morning), they were already broken and defective upon arrival. However, please read the next few pages on both topics; though the IEM's were broken and I am upset, I could not be more happier that I at least got them from an amazing retailer who have an iron-clad brilliant customer service programme. As you read, you will see that not only are they paying to send a replacement for me by this week, but are also paying to pick up my defective IEM's. I have had help from Amazon.co.uk before, and though that was great, this is the BEST I have ever had from them.
So yeah, its sucky that it happened to me, of which I absolutely believe that this was a fluke, I do have at least a great silver-lining, and all I need to do is wait patiently again.

Up to you, but I would go with the Amazon deal.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 1, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #19 of 30

Right now I think about getting either the Shure SE425 (€233,99) or the Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 (€149,99), but love to hear more on the Sennheiser IE 8, Sony MDR-EX700, Ultimate Ears 700 and Westone 2.

Where can you get these IEM's for these prices in the Netherlands? Just curious...

Jan 1, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #20 of 30
You can buy them at amazon.de.

I'm leaning more and more towards the TF10. Can't beat that price and they have already proven themselves.

Jan 2, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #22 of 30

Quote:
My E11 has a silent output with all the headphones and iem's i have used with it ! and it is a very good amp with tones of power and two decent bass settings and great value for money.i did not like my friends E5 when i tried it though ,it is little more than a toy with very little gain and the bass boosts did not do anything at all .

I prefer my E11 for on the go use with the noise att., its a good product but I had 2 E11's and both of them have some audible hissing with my BA IEMs(Feels 900, TF10).  I really like the power it has for headphones though. 

Quote:
You can buy them at amazon.de.
I'm leaning more and more towards the TF10. Can't beat that price and they have already proven themselves.

Go for it! 

Jan 2, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #23 of 30

Quote:
I prefer my E11 for on the go use with the noise att., its a good product but I had 2 E11's and both of them have some audible hissing with my BA IEMs(Feels 900, TF10).  I really like the power it has for headphones though. 

Go for it! 

Did you get the hissing when on the low gain setting ? the only iem i get hissing with is the se530/se535 which are very sensitive and i get hiss with every amp with those .

Jan 3, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #24 of 30

Quote:
Did you get the hissing when on the low gain setting ? the only iem i get hissing with is the se530/se535 which are very sensitive and i get hiss with every amp with those .

Low gain, low power, high gain low power, low gain high power. Tried all these settings and the E11 has pretty audible hissing whether it be my TF10s or Feels Pro 900, I get audible hissing. I don't think I have a problem with that using dynamics like the Brainwavz M3. I also don't think is a QC problem when I have been through 2 units.

Jan 3, 2012 at 6:51 AM Post #25 of 30
The earphones you posted in the OP are very different between each other my man.

From experience:
-EX700: High spikes, my friend loved his/my pair, although I couldn't stand them at loud volumes.
-IE8: Didn't isolate that well, very comfortable to wear, but you need 2x or 3x flange tips to get any bass what so ever - excellent soundstage, terrible connectivity (not gold plated, meant that it rattled when moving around in my pocket)
-W2's: Excellent earphones, WELL over-priced for people in EU/UK - at the time I bought them for £190 odd. However for 2x BA drivers, they are very nice, comfortable, and have a GREAT wire. Problem here is that they have literally next to nothing in bass (not enough for my liking) but I can see myself recommending these.
-se425 not heard, but se535's i have done: 535's: Great mids/highs, great wire, cool that you can remove the wire. VERY EXPENSIVE for what they offer. You really need to be mid/highs type of person to really find them worth the dosh
-TF10's - can't remember THAT well, but had no bass + fit was a huge issue, to the point i spent 5mins+ trying to put them in my ears....

Recommendations:
-PFE 121/2's (for mids/highs) = BA driver
-TFTA 1XB for earth shaking bass
-W2/3's for overall goodness in all areas - all rounders

Jan 4, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #26 of 30
I ordered the TF10 today for €136 from www.amazon.co.uk. I want to thank all of you for your advice!

Jan 4, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #28 of 30
Don't get the TF10 if you're currently using the small klipsch eartips. The nozzle of the TF10 is way too big (bigger than the small tips) and you won't be able to get a good fit with them. I own the S4 and the TF10 and I was using the large klipsch gels for the S4.

Edit: just read the whole thread and saw you bought them... Well I really hope you can manage to get a comfy fit, because they sound amazing.

Jan 7, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #29 of 30
The TF10 were delivered today, indeed dispatched from Germany. They fit perfectly with both the small tips and the comply foam tips. I love how they sound so far. And Isolation is actually pretty good.

I couldn´t be happier. I think I made the right choice with the TripleFi 10. Great price as well for a great IEM.

Thanks for all your advice!

Jan 7, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #30 of 30
Quote:
The TF10 were delivered today, indeed dispatched from Germany. They fit perfectly with both the small tips and the comply foam tips. I love how they sound so far. And Isolation is actually pretty good.
I couldn´t be happier. I think I made the right choice with the TripleFi 10. Great price as well for a great IEM.
Thanks for all your advice!

No problem, I hope you enjoy them! I really, really enjoying mine, though my AKG K 701 is still the better headphone for true, spacious sound and organic music. The Triple.Fi 10's are just seriously fun and engaging instead, and work better for the majority of my music library.
bigsmile_face.gif

I am now waiting for three more items to complete my new portable/desktop audio rigs; the FiiO RC-UE1 Replacement Earphone Cables (in this case, for my Triple.Fi 10's), the FiiO L9 Line-Out-Dock (much cheaper than expensive LOD's out there, esp. since I won't be using my iPod that much, so this is perfect), and the JDSLabs.com c421 Portable Amplifier with opamp AD8620 installed (an upgrade over my still very good JDS Labs Custom cMoyBB V2.02).
wink_face.gif

Everything was great, until I started reading up reviews about other IEM's, such as the VSonics GR07, which UK retailer FrogBeats.com are selling for £100.00 (inc. VAT), and you can select free shipping too! These dynamic drivers are already speaking volumes in the headphone/earphone world, and now I have a new scratch to itch and somehow obtain a pair.
frown.gif

Sometimes, I hate you Head-Fi, and you suck. Now take a look at what your doing, especially to my wallet. Shame on you!
angry_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back