Which heaphones for 200euros?
Dec 31, 2013 at 6:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

amagr

New Head-Fier
Hey,im buying new headphones for 200euros or less. Im listeninig to hard rock and heavy metal. I want open and neutral headphones,i was thinking about Beyerdinamic DT 990 Pro. My amp is Bravo V2
Thanks!

Dec 31, 2013 at 8:08 AM Post #2 of 12
Hello,

For rocks music, I highly, highly [yes, twice xD] recommend Grado! Given you already have a tube amp, it will be a great benefit for the Grados as it adds warm to the sound and making it a more energetic headphone to listen to. Not sure about the output impedance though

Hope it helps,
Billson

Dec 31, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #4 of 12
Hey, i was searching for some bravo models,how are they with comfort?The earpads look (too)small, this is why I am asking.
Tnx

Out Of the box, the clamping force may be too high and pads can be too stiff. What I recommend you to do is to streth the headband or put it over some thick books to release the clamping and wash the pads (remove it first) with warm water (not too hot). They feel much more comfortable after following these two steps in my opinion.

Billson :)

Dec 31, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #6 of 12
  Thank you! Which is the best grado model in my price range?

Sr225i, if you want a new pair. I think you could get SR325is used for about 200 euro (there were plenty sr325is < 200$ + shipping + Vat <200 euro on the For Sale part of this forum).
I wouldn't call Grado neutral, if you have a chance, try auditioning any of the Grado before buying.

Dec 31, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #7 of 12
Sr225i, if you want a new pair. I think you could get SR325is used for about 200 euro (there were plenty sr325is < 200$ + shipping + Vat <200 euro on the For Sale part of this forum).
I wouldn't call Grado neutral, if you have a chance, try auditioning any of the Grado before buying.

+1 to this! Not the world most neutral sounding headphone but in my opinion, its excellent for rocks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back