Which Headphones is good to Nightwish?
Jun 26, 2008 at 9:07 PM Post #16 of 40
I like the Trip,s fore sure.

But I also really recommend them for Nightwish. The DT770's were great cans just as the Ultrasones but Nightwish sounded rubbish on them. The Triple.fi's are the only ones doing NW justice.

And off topic: I think ''Ghost love score'' is the best Nightwish song ever made!!!!

Greetz

Jun 26, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #17 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
let's face it, we're just recommending what we like anyway so I'm not sure how useful all this is.

exactly
everyones ears are different and will hear things on headphones that someone else wont hear.

Jun 27, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #20 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricthaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And off topic: I think ''Ghost love score'' is the best Nightwish song ever made!!!!
Greetz

Quoted for truth indeed!

The sirens from the deep sang my name, my longing, and it was that song!
tongue.gif

Jun 27, 2008 at 3:04 AM Post #21 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last night I tried Century Child with my Edition 9 and the result was simply awesome.

Isn't EVERYTHING on the Ed9's awesome? Man, I want to try summa those...

Jun 27, 2008 at 3:30 AM Post #22 of 40
I love anything Nightwish ever made, but I can't decide which I like more playing their music - 780s or PROline 2500s.

The 780s are a lot more......"up-front" and better for most of their studio songs, while the 2500s, to me, are better for some of their not-so-metal live stuff, The Islander, etc. Depends on what mood I'm in, really.

Jun 27, 2008 at 6:54 AM Post #23 of 40
Could it be.... that Nightwish sounds good on almost anything...

Jun 27, 2008 at 7:36 AM Post #25 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't EVERYTHING on the Ed9's awesome? Man, I want to try summa those...

You know, that does not turn out to be the case...they are nice, but I don't think they render symphonic metal in the right light - not enough distinction in the midrange. That does not mean they are bad, but there are way to do better with Nightwish and such :wink:.

Jun 27, 2008 at 7:46 AM Post #26 of 40
Grados all the way for me. Especially the newer material is so compressed that the extra dynamics from Grado are very welcome.

Jun 27, 2008 at 5:49 PM Post #27 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know, that does not turn out to be the case...they are nice, but I don't think they render symphonic metal in the right light - not enough distinction in the midrange. That does not mean they are bad, but there are way to do better with Nightwish and such :wink:.

i know what your getting at!

Jun 27, 2008 at 9:08 PM Post #28 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but there are way to do better with Nightwish and such :wink:.

Probably, but out of all the headphones (Grado 225, 325i, RS-1, K271, DT880, DT990) that I have tried with Nightwish in the last months, the Edition 9 are one of my favorites. The DT880 are also very good for Symphonic Metal.

Jul 1, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #29 of 40
This thread has me intrigued for some new music.

I looked VERY quickly around on google, but could not really find any solid answer to my query:

Is there a specific album that you would recommend for a first hit? Maybe a little broad of a question, but i'l just take a poll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back