Which headphones DID you have, and which do you have NOW?
Dec 4, 2008 at 4:27 AM Post #31 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never actually agreed on your little plan - or "surprise photo shoot from long distance" - through my window. They're all over internet now. thanks Fitz
mad.gif

If you didn't want me to take photos, then why did you go and open the blinds before trying on your new manties?

Dec 4, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #33 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you didn't want me to take photos, then why did you go and open the blinds before trying on your new manties?

I needed to photosynthesize.

Dec 4, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #36 of 46
No one else??
confused.gif

I thought for sure people would want to get a chance to explain their journey through the forest of available headphones...

Oh well.

Dec 26, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #37 of 46
I'll add some content to the OP. I don't have a long list of headphones; though I've only been pursuing this endeavor for a few years. For me, the first set were the Sony MDR-V202. I knew there had to be something better and I ended up purchasing the venerable Sennheiser HD-650. I had those for several years until I heard the Stax SR-202. This is a significant change going from dynamic to electrostatic. Had I never heard the Stax, I would still be perfectly happy with the HD-650s. They're a great phone with many positive attributes. I simply prefer the sound of the Stax, which others may not.

I'm very happy with the SR-202, but like many here, am constantly thinking of the next step. It will likely be the SR-303 or SR-404 and eventually it could be the SR-007. I've not heard the 303, 404 or SR-007 and thus, will wait until I have a chance to hear them before the next upgrade.

I'm sure that eventually, I'll have a long list of phones to add to my profile as I seem to hang on to my equipment indefinitely, despite my best intentions to re-sell them.

Dec 26, 2008 at 5:17 AM Post #38 of 46
This is my first post... Hello!

I own The Sennheiser HD595. These are the first pair that I paid over 50 bucks (USD) for... While they may not be the best out there on the market. I'm VERY impressed with them... Even with listening to music at lower bit rates (128) It just sounds better. and the higher rates (flac...) is just amazing. I have heard new things that I never noticed before even after hundreds of listening... So I can really say I'm VERY impressed...

Really I can't see my self getting more headphones any time soon. Well other then to replace the ones I have for work and walking to and from... (but I have a pair picked out...)

Dec 26, 2008 at 6:31 AM Post #39 of 46
Then: AHD550, AHD750

Now: AD900 and D2000.

Future: Better source, not for a while.

Dec 26, 2008 at 7:31 AM Post #43 of 46
well ,I bought two headphones these ,my first was DT770 80 pro ,then Sennheiser ,So nothing is in the had list lol

Have :

1.Beyerdynamics DT770 pro 80ohm
2.Sennheiser HD650.

Ever since I have got HD650 ,I seldom use DT770 pro .

I think I should get rid of them.

Dec 26, 2008 at 7:33 AM Post #44 of 46
Had: ksc75, hd555, marshmallows, es7, d1000, pl-30

Have: westone 3, pk3, super.fi 5 pro

Overall the westone 3 has come closest to having almost everything I want in a headphone/earphone. I'm completely content with its performance. I have sold off all my headphones though, and am only left with iem's and earbuds..so I'll be looking to pick up a pair of headphones in the future..I'm leaning heavily towards a pair of denon d5000/2000

Dec 26, 2008 at 7:48 AM Post #45 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The DT150 offers good sound, but they are not very comfortable. Hope to find that in the MB Quart.

I have the MB Quart QP 400's, the most comfortable cans I've ever owned.

Owned:
Massive amounts of varied "good" ~30-50€ headphones
MB Quart QP400 (before head-fi, still own but have taken such a beating that they don't work properly anymore)
After Head-fi:
ER-6i (still own)
Grado SR80 (sold)
Beyerdynamics DT770 Pro (sold)
UE super.fi 5 EB (still own)
Sennheiser HD-650 (still own)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back