1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Which Headphones Compare to the Superlux HD668B?

First

Back
  1. Cruelhand Luke
    It does sound like a closed or semi-closed headphone would be your preferred sound...I don't think it ever came up but what price range are you looking for? I have been looking at the Fostex TR series of headphones and they are down to a reasonable $89....
    they started out at $250, but for less than $100, they are on my radar and might be something you should look into.

2. Prim8NChief
    My budget is probably around $100. I'll look into the Fostex TR series. Got any other closed recommendations? I'm considering the Beyerdynamic 770 Pro and the Audio Technica ATH-Pro 700 MK2.

EDIT: I looked at the Fostex TR and I think they look ugly IMO. Not too big of a deal because I'll only be wearing them at home with my computer.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  3. Cruelhand Luke
    they look like an old jeep of a headphone...you like it or you don't...I think they might be a hidden gem of a headphone, but I don't have a set as of now

4. serman005
    ATH-M40X could potentially work.

5. Prim8NChief
    What do you think of Sony Headphones? I can get the Sony MDR XB950B1 for around $30 on ebay. I think it would be nice to have wireless headphones. Like all the reviews for the XB950 say they have plenty of bass. I'm just worried that I will be disappointed coming from the Superlux HD668b. Like I said before I just can't take the clamp force of the Superlux and from what I've read these Sonys are supposed to be comfortable.

6. Cruelhand Luke
    My only experience I have with sony headphones is the MDR7506, which are a legendary studio headphone that have been around for like 30 years. I love my set (modded of course) ....I don't know how much the current crop of headphones from Sony would have in common with them.
    I would guess looking at those that they are going to sound very different than the SUperlux...which you may or may not like.

First

Back