Which headphone is the best buy, Sennheiser HD600 or HD650?
Oct 20, 2009 at 6:48 AM Post #16 of 25
I also owned both for some time. I went back and forth over which I preferred. Sometimes I craved one over the other and then I'd switch back.

In the end, both were sold to fund the HD-800.
smily_headphones1.gif

The good news is that you really can't go wrong with either. Yes, they are different, but I cannot remember a time when I thought either sounded bad. There's an excellent chance that you'll be happy no matter which one you choose.

I give a slight edge to the HD-600 only because of price. Ifyou can grab a used one around $200, there's no better deal out there. Fantastically good headphones they are.

Nov 6, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HD650 sounds a bit darker w/ more bass. But they are more similar than different.

I find the older HD650s (black grills) dark and the newer ones (grey/silver grills) not dark and not veiled in any way.

Nov 6, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by jegarn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So if you would be able to find the hd600 for half the price of the hd650 it would be the better option?

I'm worried it will sound dull and not as clear.

yes it would. lots of people like the HD600 over the HD650 regardless of price. i had spent a lot of time with the HD650 and sold them for the HD600s which i really love now as you can see by most most recent thread. i really think they are just superb headphones that can pretty much do it all. they've become a bit more expensive in the recent months and are very close in price to the HD650s so it seems like the HD650 have become a better deal but the sound sig is basically the same so if you like one you'll at the very least like or appreciate the other. it's not apples to oranges at all. they both are as good as it gets in terms of open headphones. get the better deal you can now live with them for a couple of months or more and then either sell and get the other or get the other and keep the one you have. it's a no lose!!!!!!

Nov 6, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #20 of 25
HD650 sounds real with tube amps.

Nov 6, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #22 of 25
I would still pick HD600 even if they were more expensive than HD650.

Nov 7, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by roker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
VALIENTE, I recommend Grado SR60i as the first headphone for every headfier to be.
Go, get one, and be happy with your first purchased headphone, like what happened to me.

valiente-albums-valiente-album-picture3851-grado-sr60.jpg

Click: Grado SR 60i - Headphones | HeadRoom Audio

Wise, wise words! Awesome cans that don't need a high end amp, lossless music and a top DAC to sound at their best. Great starter cans for sure.

Nov 7, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wise, wise words! Awesome cans that don't need a high end amp, lossless music and a top DAC to sound at their best. Great starter cans for sure.

I don't think you got the joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back