Which Headphone has been the hardest to acquire
Jul 8, 2006 at 1:32 AM Post #31 of 42
for a long time i kept getting outbid on a rather ubiquidous can, the HF1.. until i was able to stretch far enough, and someone was kind enough.... and it happened.

ironically, i'm also digging after the eddie current HD300 or 25... but that hasn't popped up on the site for about two years...
frown.gif

Jul 8, 2006 at 2:33 AM Post #32 of 42
for me definately the hhf-1. harder than even the orpheus because with the orpheus it was only a matter of money and a kindhearted soul. with the hhf-1 i had to endure numerous tirades and emails from jahn describing what he wanted and the numerous changes he made making poor larry work so hard..and then jahn had the audacity to doubt me when it was finally finished..and fate's cruelest twist...i love the hhf-1 so much..the visual beauty..the sound..and i have to give it up to that dirty animal...but he has only to FEBRUARY NOT APRIL!

Jul 8, 2006 at 7:07 PM Post #33 of 42
I forgot about these. I hate to admit it, but like a lot of fellow Head-Fi'ers, there's a "collector" in me.

Not ever having heard these, I always knew that I'd get a pair. I was in Las Vegas for a week last month, and on the 11th I visited the Sony store in Ceasar's Palace prepared to buy a pair. Alas, they had already sold their last pair, a store sample, and they only had some Qualia TV's left!

So, I told myself that I didn't really need them, I might not have gotten a good fit, I might not have liked them anyway, etc., and I resigned myself to never having a pair...

...but...ocassionally... these are available used...

GRod

Jul 8, 2006 at 9:45 PM Post #34 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
Jecklin Float Electrostatic PS2. The only ones ive ever seen for sale the seller has refused paypal, refused to ship to UK or they have been broken or damaged or not included a transformer box.

Same for the PS0 and PS1 versions, but I'd like the PS2 most.

Duggeh, don't go there. Lots of dynamics, but bright and very rolled bottom end (compared with a LNS and Sigma). Go for a Sigma Pro instead if you want something unusual.

Jul 8, 2006 at 10:01 PM Post #35 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Buchanan
Duggeh, don't go there. Lots of dynamics, but bright and very rolled bottom end (compared with a LNS and Sigma). Go for a Sigma Pro instead if you want something unusual.

I like dynamics and can easily put up with a rolled bottom end. Theres a PS1 version thats just been relisted on eBay Germany, but the price is more than I just payed for the Ergo AMT. The Sigma-Pro is also on my lookout list for the future. I nearly decided to have my SR-202 adapted to a sigma enclosure.

Jul 8, 2006 at 10:37 PM Post #37 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911
for me definately the hhf-1. harder than even the orpheus because with the orpheus it was only a matter of money and a kindhearted soul. with the hhf-1 i had to endure numerous tirades and emails from jahn describing what he wanted and the numerous changes he made making poor larry work so hard..and then jahn had the audacity to doubt me when it was finally finished..and fate's cruelest twist...i love the hhf-1 so much..the visual beauty..the sound..and i have to give it up to that dirty animal...but he has only to FEBRUARY NOT APRIL!

oh yeah. i change my vote to the HHF-1 that 1911 is holding hostage for over a year.
rolleyes.gif

Jul 9, 2006 at 1:28 AM Post #38 of 42
1) Gotta be the Sony MDR-R10. The King is always very expensive and doesn't come up for sale that much. Thier price has been in the upper 3Ks....and that is definitely too expensive for my pocket. Back 2 or 3 years ago, the R10 went less than 2K. I remember Vertigo sold his R10 for only 1.3K.

2) The Baby O system used to be an easy find. Now they are a hot commodity, plus they are getting to be very expensive. Back 2 or 3 years ago, paying 900 dollars for a pair of Baby O was expensive.

Jul 9, 2006 at 3:09 PM Post #39 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68
I've been waiting since March for a used RS-2...what's the deal?

Not a lot of people own them and once they do they do not want to sell them. I am just going to order mine from Headroom.

Jul 9, 2006 at 3:46 PM Post #40 of 42
Quote:

So have I, so I bought a RS-1 instead.
rs1smile.gif

RS-2's are hard to get in the secondhand market.

Jul 9, 2006 at 4:19 PM Post #41 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
For me personally it would be the W10VTG. After having been outbidded 4 times for three sets that were in excellent condition and one including it's original box all within the $500+ USD range, I finally managed to score a pair for less than what I've would have paid for the ones I had lost earlier.

That's similar to what happened to me with the K1000. I'd look on eBay, and the prices would become horribly inflated, then I'd miss a listing on Head-Fi because the seller didn't deign to check the WTB ads first, and then I finally got lucky and found one for a reasonable price. It was very frurstrating for awhile, though.

Jul 9, 2006 at 4:25 PM Post #42 of 42
Quote:

I see them often on Audiogon, actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back