Which Headphone Do You Have To Try Next?
May 19, 2021 at 11:32 PM Post #16 of 51
On my try list are the grado hemp, zmf eikon, and a higher end hifiman such as arya or hek.

And I've got a KGSS amp headed my way, so I'm going to need an e-stat to pair with it. Watching the classifieds :)!

May 20, 2021 at 4:20 AM Post #19 of 51
Never had an opportunity to audition Hifiman's TOTL electrostats. Would be nice to compare them to HE1 and Stax of a blue hawai.
Did you have the opportunity to audition the He1?

May 20, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #22 of 51
I've been more than curious about the Denon AH-D9200 for some time, having not really bonded with any closed backs that I've auditioned.

The fact that no one sells them in my entire country, there are limited reviews and buying them from Japan makes them more expensive and rarer than unobtainium made me even more curious. I'm convinced that boutique headphone brands such as ZMF, Abyss, Kennerton etc. can be found in plague proportions here compared to the D9200s (LOL)

I eventually couldn't help myself - they arrive early next week and I am likely to be crushed under the weight of my own unrealistic expectations :face_palm:

C'est La Vie

Last edited:
May 20, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #23 of 51
The fact that no one sells them in my entire country, there are limited reviews and buying them from Japan makes them more expensive and rarer than unobtainium made me even more curious
Where does unobtainium term comes from? I have heard it from one of Abyss videos, made me chuckle.

May 20, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #24 of 51
Where does unobtainium term comes from? I have heard it from one of Abyss videos, made me chuckle.
Well, from Wikipedia:

In fiction, engineering, and thought experiments, unobtainium is any hypothetical, fictional, or impossible material, but it can also mean a tangible but extremely rare, costly, or reasonably unobtainable material.

May 20, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #25 of 51
I've been more than curious about the Denon AH-D9200 for some time, having not really bonded with any closed backs that I've auditioned.

The fact that no one sells them in my entire country, there are limited reviews and buying them from Japan makes them more expensive and rarer than unobtainium made me even more curious. I'm convinced that boutique headphone brands such as ZMF, Abyss, Kennerton etc. can be found in plague proportions here compared to the D9200s (LOL)

I eventually couldn't help myself - they arrive early next week and I am likely to be crushed under the weight of my own unrealistic expectations :face_palm:

C'est La Vie
I hope you like them. They shine with certain genres or albums. And, other times, they give me a different flavor for a particular album that I prefer with other headphones.

Right now, I'm listening to the conceptual album "Sufferion - Hamartia of Prudence" by Silentium with the 9200s :L3000: and enjoying a lot it, I love to notice the bass slam with all the songs, but sometimes the violins remain at the background a little. The detail of the vocals ir superb.

May 20, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #26 of 51
For me, the D9200 and Utopia. Currently enjoying the Stellia, so I'm curious about what the Utopia sounds like in comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back